Wednesday, September 6, 2017- 8:15 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Kimberly Alli called the meeting to order at 8:20 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Kimberly Alli, Daraja Carrol, Angelica Espinoza, Cynthia Medina, Erick Ramirez, Michael Wiafe
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Dr. Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Natalie Martinez.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. RAMIREZ/WIAFE CARRIED, (5-0-0)
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT
- Last Chance Alternative Requests (Action):
- It was moved and seconded to approve Natalie Martinez’s Last Chance Alternative request proposal, as attached, including holding office hours every other week for two to three hours to be advertised in the College of Arts and Letters, and to meet every week with a College Representative or Assistant Dean for twenty minutes and attend a CAL student organization meeting for thirty minutes, and submit the designated for as proof of completion every Tuesday prior to 11:59 pm every University council meeting, beginning September 19. MEDINA/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Report on Last Chance Alternatives:
- Victor Uwakwe will be missing University Council Meetings on Wednesday 4-6:40 pm and Mitchell Nishimoto will missing the first thirty minutes of the Campus Life Council Meetings. Kim will contact them to submit a Last Chance Alternative Request by Friday, September 8 at 4:30 pm.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:12 am. RAMIREZ/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Kimberly Alli, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor