Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, August 28, 2017 - 7:45am
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Kimberly Alli called the meeting to order at 7:54 am in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Kimberly Alli, Daraja Carrol, Angelica Espinoza, Cynthia Medina, Erick Ramirez, Michael Wiafe
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: None.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Dr. Lee Mintz, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Visitors Present: Will Wiseman, Joey Lucero.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. WIAFE//MEDINA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT
1. Excited to see everyone and for the year ahead.
- Responsibilities and Expectation: Members are expected to contribute to the discussions and know and understand the bylaws.
- Different Roles: Kim explained the different roles available to the Justices.
- Elections, Awards and Appointments and Review: Kim explained the JAC boards.
- Vacancies: There are currently two vacancies: the Student Support Representative and a Justice.
- Orientation Presentation: Let us plan on meeting tomorrow to prepare for the presentation.
- Parliamentary Procedures: Postponed to next meeting.
- Last Chance Alternative Requests (Action) (Time Certain 8:00 am):
- It was moved and seconded to approve Will Wiseman’s Last Chance Alternative Request, as attached, to include he will meet once a week for thirty minutes with fellow representatives or the Assistant Dean, and thirty minutes with a student organization, and he will submit the designated form on Fridays prior to the University Council Meetings, beginning September 15. ESPINOZA/WIAFE CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- It was moved and seconded to approve Joey Lucero’s Last Chance Atlernative proposal, as attached, to include submitting the designated form on Tuesdays at 11:59 pm prior to Campus Life Council meetings, the first one due on September 26. MEDINA/WIAFE CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Deadlines for requirements: It was postponed to next week.
- Request for Excused Absences: It was postponed to next week.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. MEDINA/ESPINOZA CARRIED, (5-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Kimberly Alli, Chief Justice
PREPARED BY: Jennifer M. Esquivel-Parker, Advisor