Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, March 6, 2017 - 8:30am
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:37 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, Farris Nabulsi (late), Brie Hornig, Erin Gonzalez, Abel Mercado (via phone and then present), Nicolai Mlodinow, Kim Alli.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Joey Lucero, Jenna Beuck.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. MLODINOW/GONZALEZ CARRIED, (5-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes. MLODINOW/HORNIG CARRIED, (5-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT:
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
- Because elections committee reports to JAC, Jordan reminded everyone to stay fair and impartial.
- Jordan will invite Ozair Purmul and Josh Skolnick to the next JAC meeting on March 13 for a hearing.
- JAC’s Proposed Bylaw Amendments: JAC is working on a change to last chance alternative guidelines and the proposed process for changes to the structure.
- Student Leader Status: None.
- Attendance Charts: Brie gave an update on attendance. Alexis Alexander has 2.5 points, and Josh Skolnick has 3 points.
- Approval of Tabling Duties: It was moved and seconded to approve the tabling duties. MLODINOW/GONZALEZ CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached. GONZALEZ/MERCADO CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Chloe Sension for missing the BOD meeting on 3/6/17 and the UC meeting on 3/8/17, as attached. GONZALEZ/MLODINOW FAILED, (0-5-1) The request failed because it was not turned in by the deadline for a non-emergency request.
- Elections Committee Minutes (handout): It was moved and seconded to approve the Elections Committee Minutes from 2/24/17 and 3/3/17, as attached. MLODINOW/ALLI CARRIED, (5-0-1)
- Awards Committee Minutes (handout): None.
- Kappa Delta 5k is on March 19.
- Have a great Monday!
- Debates are from Monday-Wednesday starting at 12pm in the Courtyard.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:24AM. MLODINOW/NABULSI CARRIED, (6-0-0)