SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, February 6, 2017 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:37 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, , Nicolai Mlodinow, Kim Alli, Brie Hornig, Abel Mercado, Erin Gonzalez.
- Voting Members Absent: Farris Nabulsi.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Tanesha Moore, Linsey Santos.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
The agenda was approved as amended.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
- Meeting with the Board of Directors: Coordinating a meeting time.
- Attendance BOD, CLC, UC: Nicolai is putting a schedule to fill out.
- Attendance Reports: Jordan is reaching out to Dustin Pina regarding BOD.
- Elections Update: Applications are due this Thursday. Selecting elections coordinator this week.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
The memo was approved as amended.
- Requests for Excused Absences:
- It was moved and seconded to table indefinitely the request for an excused absence from Abel Mercado on 1/30/17.
- It was moved and seconded to table indefinitely the requests to leave ACT early from Brie Hornig.
- It was moved and seconded to table indefinitely the requests to excuse absence from JAC meeting for Erin Gonzalez.
- Selection of JAC Rep. to serve on Election Coordinator Appointments and Review Ad-hoc Committee (Action):
- It was moved and seconded to appoint Erin Hornig.
- Last Chance Alternative Requests:
- A complete one hour a week to actively recruit students from student organizations and graduate students in the College of Education, and check with all College of Education president via forum on a weekly basis.
- Ambo Fundraiser at Chipotle today 50% fir Aztec Dance Marathon
- Bonding event, ideas shared.
- Tabling is due this Friday.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:05 AM.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary