SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, January 23, 2017 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:34 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, Farris Nabulsi (late), Erin Gonzalez, Nicolai Mlodinow, Abel Mercado, Kim Alli, Brie Hornig.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz
- Visitors: Asha Abdirahim, Ozair Purmul, Ana Morino.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
It was moved to postpone Information Item B.Attendance, Information Item C. Student Leader Requirements, and Action Item B. Request for Excuse Absence. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
- Jordan welcomed everyone back!
- Last chance alternative proposals will be addressed next week.
- Meeting with the Board of Directors: Please fill out the doodle for Board of Directors and JAC to meet regarding the process for making changes to the structure.
- Attendance: Postponed until next meeting.
- Student Leader Requirements: Postponed until next meeting.
- Elections Update: Applications are now available online and are due February 9.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
There was a friendly amendment to add Jenna Beuck to Elections Committee. There were no objections.
The memo was approved as amended.
- Requests for Excused Absences: Postponed until next meeting.
- Student Leader Hearings:
- Asha Abdirahim (Time Certain 8:45am):It was moved and seconded to assign Asha Abdirahim additional hours and meetings.
It was moved and seconded to assign Asha Abdirahim to meet one hour once a week with another representative or administrator from the College of Health and Human Services, and on alternating week an hour dedicated to the College of Health and Human Services beginning now until the end of the semester.
- Ozair Purmul (Time Certain 8:55am): It was moved and seconded to assign Ozair Purmul to meet one hour once a week with Ana Morino or another representative or administrator from the College of Engineering, and on alternating week an hour dedicated to the College of Engineering beginning now until the end of the semester.
- Everyone is encouraged to attend Aztec Proud.
- Ambos fundraising for Aztecs Dance Marathon.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:18 AM.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary