SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, November 14, 2016 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:36 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, Farris Nabulsi, Erin Gonzalez (left early), Kim Alli, Nicolai Mlodinow, Brie Hornig, Abel Mercado (late).
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Chloe Sension.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
There will be no meeting next Monday, November 21. Alex Shapiro’s attendance hearing is on November 28.
- Attendance: The attendance chart was reviewed.
- Proposed Changes to the Bylaws, Codes and Charters (Information) (handout): The proposed changes were reviewed.
- #CA 16-01 Proposed Changes to the Structure
- #CA 16-02 Council Member Duties
- #CA 16-03 Elections Code
- #CA 16-04 Community Service Commission Charter
- #CA 16-05 Aztec Student Union Board Charter: JAC will invite Ellen and Eran to the next meeting to discuss their proposed charter changes.
- #CA 16-06 Sciences College Council Charter
- #CA 16-07 Arts and Letters College Council Charter
- #CA 16-08 Professional Studies and Fine Arts College Council Charter
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Daniel Matlock for coming late to the CLC meeting on 11/09/16.
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Erin Gonzalez for leaving early at the JAC meeting on 11/14/16.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:29 AM.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary