Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, October 31, 2016 - 8:30am
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:34 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, Farris Nabulsi, Erin Gonzalez, Kim Alli, Nicolai Mlodinow, Brie Hornig.
- Voting Members Absent: Abel Mercado.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Russel Parris.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Elections Coordinator applications are now available. They are due on November 10.
- Attendance: Will call in Alex Shapiro for a hearing once Aztecs Rock Hunger is over. JAC will recommend a last chance alternative for him. Jordan will send a notice email to Dylan, Mustafa and Dakota. She will send an email to Victor, Josh and Kyle for a November 7 hearing.
- Elections Code: Proposed changes to the Elections Code were discussed.
- Changes to the Structure Process: Jordan reviewed the discussion that occurred at Board of Directors meeting and some ideas that will be incorporated into the process.
- Proposed Changes to the Codes and Charters: The charter amendments were assigned to the justices.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
There was a friendly amendment to add Ellen Benecke to Elections Committee and Jamie Miller, Dan Atkin, Marisa Cubing, Joey Lucero, Patty Masengale, and Dylan Colliflower to the Student Media Advisory Committee. There were no objections.
The appointments and resignations was approved as amended.
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Curtis Copin for missing the UC meeting on 10/26/16.
The request failed because it was not turned in by the deadline for a non-emergency request.
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Samantha Ledesma for missing the UC meeting on 11/02/16.
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Abel Mercado for missing the JAC meeting on 10/31/16.
Please attend homecoming events this week!
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:52 AM.