SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, October 10, 2016 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:31 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, Abel Mercado, Brie Hornig, Farris Nabulsi, Erin Gonzalez (late), Nicolai Mlodinow, Kim Alli.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
- College of Arts and Letters is interviewing 9 applicants to fill the vacant A.S. rep. seat. College of Education’s application period closes on Friday and College of Science’s closes on Monday.
- Kimberly will be giving JAC updates at Board of Directors meeting today.
- All-Council Training (ACT) Now is this Wednesday at 5pm in Council Chambers.
- Attendance: Nicolai will meet with Linh regarding retreat and Last Chance Alternative updates.
- Elections Code: Possible changes to the elections code were discussed.
- Changes to the Structure Process: A possible process was discussed.
- Elections Coordinator Vacancy: Position will be posted soon in order to be appointed by the end of October.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Imahn Moshksar for missing the UC meeting on 9/28/16.
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Kimberly Alli for missing the JAC meeting on 10/03/16.
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Kyle Ruiz for missing the UC meeting on 10/05/16.
It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Nick Elliott for leaving early at the CLC meeting on 10/05/16.
It was moved and seconded to table the request for an excused absence from Nick Elliott.
Invite for Fantastic Friday will be sent out soon. Homecoming Court announcement will be on Thursday, 10/13 at 12pm in the Goldberg Courtyard.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:34 AM.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary