SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, September 26, 2016 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:34 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, Abel Mercado, Kim Alli, Brie Hornig, Farris Nabulsi.
- Voting Members Absent: Erin Gonzalez, Nicolai Mlodinow.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Lee Mintz, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Queena, graduate student.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
- JAC will start working on amending the elections code.
- Attendance: Nicolai will work with Linh to update the attendance sheet so that it reflects retreat attendance and the last chance alternatives.
- Tabling: It was moved and seconded to approve the tabling report, with Abel sending notifications to appear for a hearing at next week’s JAC meeting for all those who did not complete their tabling.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
There was a friendly amendment to add Shaneice White’s resignation as College of Education Representative to the Appointments and Resignations memo. There were no objections.
The appointments and resignations was approved as amended.
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for excused absences from Alex Shapiro for missing the Board of Directors meeting on 10/10/16, and 11/07/16.
- Bylaw Deadline: It was moved and seconded to approve the bylaw deadline date of October 28, to include tracked changes, overall summary of the changes and explanation of the changes when changes are submitted.
The Presidential Debate Watch Party is tonight at 6pm in the Theatre.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:10 AM.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary