SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, September 19, 2016 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:35 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, Abel Mercado, Kim Alli, Erin Gonzalez, Brie Hornig, Nicolai Mlodinow, Farris Nabulsi.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
- Campus Life Council had a perfect attendance last week!
- Abel will email those who have not completed tabling requirements.
- Jordan wished everyone a great week.
- Reporting to ASBOD, ASUC, and ASCLC: List is on google drive. Reminded justices to sign up and put time certain on he document.
- Attendance: The attendance was reviewed. Nicolai will be meeting with Linh and review attendance.
- Vice Chair: It was moved and seconded to open nominations for the position of Vice Chair.
Abel got 6 votes. Abel is the new Vice Chair.
It was moved and seconded to approve the results of Vice Chair voting.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was mas moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
There was a friendly amendment to add Carlos Perez’s resignation as College of Arts and Letter Representative to the Appointments and Resignations memo. There were no objections.
The appointments and resignations was approved as amended.
- Requests for Excused Absences:
- Last Chance Alternatives (Time Certain 8:45am): It was moved and seconded to approve Ozair Purmul’s last chance alternative.
It was moved and seconded to approve Asha Abdirahim’s last chance alternative.
It was moved and seconded to approve Gass Hersi’s last chance alternative.
- Be more specific-state purpose and talk about who you talked to in tabling google doc.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:13 AM.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary