SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, September 12, 2016 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:32 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, Abel Mercado, Kim Alli, Erin Gonzalez, Brie Hornig, Nicolai Mlodinow.
- Voting Members Absent: Farris Nabulsi.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
There was a friendly amendment to postpone Action Item A. Vice Chair. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
There are three official last chance alternatives and one pending for next week.
- Roles Available: Jordan explained the roles. Justices signed up for responsibilities. B. Google Forms: please keep checking JAC google docs.
- Google Forms: please keep checking JAC google docs.
- Reporting to ASBOD, ASUC, and ASCLC: Jordan will add all the justices to the google document to sign up for UC/CLC schedule.
- Attendance: Jordan explained the attendance document and process.
- Vice Chair: Postponed to next week’s meeting.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was mas moved and seconded to approve the appointments and resignations memo, as attached.
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the requests for excused absences from Mustafa Alemi, Meghan Andrade, Marisa Cubing, Kim Alli, Alexis Alexander, Farris Nabulsi, Carmel Alon.
It was moved and seconded to postpone the request for an excused absence from Meghan Andrade until further information can be provided.
It was moved and seconded to approve the requests for excused absences from Arnelle Sambile, Rachel Muntz, Erin Gonzalez, Ben Delbick, Lauryn Davis, Troy Owens, Josh Skolnick, Dakota DeCecco.
- Abel reminded everyone to please do not wear organization gear to JAC meetings.
- Jordan reminded everyone to dress business professional to the University House event. She will be going to BOD and asking for a BOD representative to work on the new commission project process. Jordan explained what to do when justices go to UC/CLC meetings to make JAC reports.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:21 AM.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary