Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, August 29, 2016 - 8:30am
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Jordan Maharaj called the meeting to order at 8:32 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jordan Maharaj, Abel Mercado, Kim Alli, Erin Gonzalez, Brie Hornig, Nicolai Mlodinow.
- Voting Members Absent: Farris Nabulsi.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
Jordan made a friendly amendment to remove Action Item A. Requirement Deadlines. There were no objections
The agenda was approved as amended.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Jordan wished everyone a great first week of school and reminded the committee that duties will be due by November 9, as stated on the meeting schedule.
- Responsibilities and Expectations: Jordan reminded members to be on time, turn phones off, bring bylaws to every meeting, be prepared and be okay with having tough discussions.
- Bylaws, Codes and Charters: Jordan asked them to become familiar with the bylaws, especially Section 47.
- Roles Available: Jordan passed out a sheet with six roles on it. Justices were asked to sign up for a role.
- Google forms: Jordan reminded Justices that all forms are online in google forms.
- Reporting to BOD, UC and CLC: The Justices signed up for to give reports at the different BOD, UC and CLC meetings.
- Process for making changes to the AS Government Structure: Jordan and Nicolai will propose an outline to bring to JAC.
- Vice Chair: A vice chair acts on behalf of the chair in the chair’s absence. We will select a vice chair at our meeting on Sept. 12.
- Parliamentary Procedures: Jennifer gave an overview of parliamentary procedures.
- Today is the One SDSU Community Kick-off at 5 pm in Montezuma Hall.
- RSVP for the University House event if you have not done so already.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 8:48 AM.