Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, April 11, 2016 - 8:30am
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Chief Justice Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 8:37 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, Abel Mercado, David Ellman, Chloe Sension, Jordan Maharaj, Mustafa Alemi, CJ O’Brien.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Anthony Lee, Janice Dils, Kevin Lambert, Erik Tamiyasu.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
It was moved and seconded to add Information item A. CAL Student Council Questions.
MAHARAJ/MERCADO CARRIED, (5-0-1)
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED, (5-0-1)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes from 4/4/2016, as attached.
ELLMAN/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
1. Anthony Lee spoke on the proposed new Research and Assessment Committee and the proposed name change to the Campus Community Commission.
2. Erik Tamiyasu explained why he missed spring retreat, and two University Council meetings.
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Brenna wished everyone a great week.
A. CAL Student Council Questions: Postponed until CAL Student Representatives attend the meeting.
B. Attendance Chart: The attendance charts were reviewed and discussed. Jordan will be emailing warnings to Jamie Miller and Trevor Yarnall regarding their attendance.
C. Updates for Transitions Binders: The JAC is continuing to work on the google document for the Transition binder. This will be completed by next Monday 4/18.
D. Proposed Amendments to Bylaws, Codes and Charters: Proposed changes to the bylaws, codes and charters were reviewed and discussed.
1. #BA S16-01: Research and Assessment Committee: It was discussed whether or not a process was needed for making changes to the A.S. Government structure before approving this proposed new committee. In the meantime, an ad-hoc committee could operate until it is officially approved.
2. #BA S16-02: Sustainability Commission Charter
3. #BA S16-03: College of Business Council
4. #BA S16-04: University Council
5. #BA S16-05: Member Duties
6. #BA S16-06: Student Diversity Commission
7. #BA S16-07: Aztec Student Union Board
8. #BA S16-08: Awards
9. #BA S16-09: Campus Community Commission
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the Appointments and Resignations Memo, as attached.
Chloe Sension was added as the JAC representative on the Appointments and Review Committee. There were no objections. The Appointments and Resignations Memo was approved as amended.
- Requests for Excused Absences: None.
- Elections Committee Minutes: Postponed to next JAC meeting.
- Awards Committee Minutes: Postponed to next JAC meeting.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 10:00 AM.
MAHARAJ/ALEMI CARRIED, (4-0-0)