Chief Justice Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 8:37 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
It was moved and seconded to add Information item A. CAL Student Council Questions.
MAHARAJ/MERCADO CARRIED, (5-0-1)
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED, (5-0-1)
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes from 4/4/2016, as attached.
ELLMAN/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
1. Anthony Lee spoke on the proposed new Research and Assessment Committee and the proposed name change to the Campus Community Commission.
2. Erik Tamiyasu explained why he missed spring retreat, and two University Council meetings.
Brenna wished everyone a great week.
A. CAL Student Council Questions: Postponed until CAL Student Representatives attend the meeting.
B. Attendance Chart: The attendance charts were reviewed and discussed. Jordan will be emailing warnings to Jamie Miller and Trevor Yarnall regarding their attendance.
C. Updates for Transitions Binders: The JAC is continuing to work on the google document for the Transition binder. This will be completed by next Monday 4/18.
D. Proposed Amendments to Bylaws, Codes and Charters: Proposed changes to the bylaws, codes and charters were reviewed and discussed.
1. #BA S16-01: Research and Assessment Committee: It was discussed whether or not a process was needed for making changes to the A.S. Government structure before approving this proposed new committee. In the meantime, an ad-hoc committee could operate until it is officially approved.
2. #BA S16-02: Sustainability Commission Charter
3. #BA S16-03: College of Business Council
4. #BA S16-04: University Council
5. #BA S16-05: Member Duties
6. #BA S16-06: Student Diversity Commission
7. #BA S16-07: Aztec Student Union Board
8. #BA S16-08: Awards
9. #BA S16-09: Campus Community Commission
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 10:00 AM.
MAHARAJ/ALEMI CARRIED, (4-0-0)