SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, March 7, 2016 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Chief Justice Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 8:35 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, Jordan Maharaj, David Ellman, CJ O’Brien, Chloe Sension (late), Abel Mercado, Mustafa Alemi (late).
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Lewis Collazo.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
O’BRIEN/ELLMAN CARRIED, (4-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of 2/29/16, as attached.
ELLMAN/MERCADO CARRIED, (5-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Brenna informed JAC that everyone who had make-up duties due, completed them and turned them in on time.
- Attendance Charts: The attendance chart was reviewed.
- Appointments and Resignations: None.
- Requests for Excused Absences: None.
- Elections Committee Minutes: It was moved and seconded to approve the Elections Committee minutes for 3/4/2016, as attached.
MAHARAJ/SENSION CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Awards Committee Minutes: None.
- Hearings: It was moved and seconded to remove Ty Yates as the A.S representative for the College of Health and Human Services due to failure to meet attendance requirements and failure to respond to JAC requests.
SENSION/ELLMAN CARRIED, (5-0-1)
It was moved and seconded to remove Lewis Collazo from as the A.S representative for the College of Health and Human Services.
Chief Justice Brenna Culliton voted not in favor of removing Lewis Collazo from his position.
It was moved and seconded to approve Lewis Collazo’s proposal last chance alternative. Lewis is assigned to table an extra 4 hours a month and by March 31st at 4pm, he will have completed the requirements for February and March.
MAHARAJ/ELLMAN CARRIED, (5-0-1)
- Senate Review team is coming to speak with JAC next week.
- AAAS applications are due next Monday at 4pm.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:30 AM.
ELLMAN/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary