SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, February 22, 2016 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Chief Justice Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 8:33 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, Jordan Maharaj, David Ellman, Mustafa Alemi(late), CJ O’Brien, Chloe Sension, Abel Mercado.
- Voting Members Absent: None.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: Harrison Baum, Ellen Benecke, Clayton Bishop, Dylan Colliflower.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
It was moved and seconded to add Action item A. Selection of the ballot order to the agenda.
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED, (5-0-0)
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of 2/15/16, as attached.
SENSION/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
- Attendance Charts: The attendance chart was reviewed.
- Ballot order selection: The Justices selected ballot order. It was moved and seconded to approve the Ballot order selection, as attached.
SENSION/ALEMI CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the Appointments and Resignations memo, as attached.
MERCADO/O’BRIEN CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Requests for Excused Absences: It was moved and seconded to approve the request for an excused absence from Abel Mercado for missing the JAC meeting on 2/15/2016, as attached.
MAHARAJ/ALEMI CARRIED, (5-0-1)
- Elections Committee Minutes: It was moved and seconded to approve the Elections Committee minutes for 2/15/2016 and 2/19/2016, as attached.
ELLMAN/MERCADO CARRIED, (6-0-0)
- Last Chance Alternatives: Brenna is going to send a notice to all councils and inform them that all last chance alternatives proposals are due this Monday, February 29, 2016 in the JAC meeting.
- AAAS nomination forms are available later this week.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:23 AM.
SENSION/MAHARAJ CARRIED, (6-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary