SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
JUDICIAL AFFAIRS COUNCIL MINUTES
Monday, February 15, 2016 – 8:30 AM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Chair Brenna Culliton called the meeting to order at 8:34 AM in Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Brenna Culliton, Jordan Maharaj, David Ellman(late), Mustafa Alemi, CJ O’Brien, Chloe Sension.
- Voting Members Absent: Abel Mercado.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Lee Mintz.
- Visitors Present: None.
III. MODIFICATION OF AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES:
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of 2/08/16, as attached.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. CHAIR’S REPORT:
Brenna wished everyone a nice week.
- Attendance Charts: The attendance chart was reviewed. Jordan will review tabling duties. Mustafa will contact Vivian Lee, Vanessa Girard, and Arnelle Sambile.
- Appointments and Resignations: It was moved and seconded to approve the Appointments and Resignations memo, as attached.
Joey Lucero was added as a student-at-large representative on the Campus Life Council.
The memo was approved as amended.
- Requests for Excused Absences:
- Elections Committee Minutes: It was moved and seconded to approve the Elections Committee minutes for 2/12/2016, as attached.
SENSION/ELLMAN CARRIED, (5-0-0)
- Last Chance Alernatives: It was moved and seconded to approve Ian Fielden’s last chance alternative.
O’BRIEN/MAHARAJ CARRIED, (5-0-0)
Lewis Collazo and Ty Yates will come next week for their last chance alternatives.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 9:06 AM.
O’BRIEN/ALEMI CARRIED, (5-0-0)
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary