Associated Students | San Diego State University
Wednesday, April 24, 2019 - 3:00pm
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Executive Vice President Nickolas Wohlman called the meeting to order at 3:35 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Chris Thomas, Michael Wiafe, Nickolas Wohlman, Christian Onwuka, Ronnie Cravens, Cat Kricorian, Connor Curley, Ashley Tejada, Parnaz Boroon, Kaylee Rucker, Brianna Ruloma, Sabrina Sessarego, Sam Emami, Kyla Blaylock, Vecky Hernandez-Leon, Max Johnson, George Scott, Dustin Adkins, Cassie Weinberg, Noah Winne, Lane Yazzie, Luke Fishman.
- Voting Members Absent: Chloe Sabio, Beck Svensson.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Ryan Du, Dr. Randy Timm, Christina Brown, Aileen Wei.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Inji Hankala.
IV. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of April 10, 2019.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Dr. Randy Timm:
- Working with Debbie Richeson, Director of Parking and Transportation Services on Freshmen Parking next year.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
- Transition Documents (Information): Chris Thomas reviewed the transition documents for next year’s student leaders. Please complete and turn in the documents to the front desk by Monday at 4 pm.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Nickolas Wohlman, Executive Vice President:
- Aztec Achievement Awards (AAA) will be tomorrow from 5-7 pm.
- Grateful to members who helped with Mental Health Week.
- Thankful for members.
- Chris Thomas, President:
- Reminded members to submit their transition documents by Monday at 4 pm.
- The last meeting will be on May 1 at 3:30 pm. President Adela de la Torre will be swearing in Christian Onwuka as the 2019-2020 A.S. President at 5 pm.
- Gave an update on the meeting with the University Strategic Planning Consultant for the Diversity, Equity, Inclusion plan.
- Michael Wiafe, Vice President of External Relations:
- Congratulations to Armando Sepulveda on his position as the Lobby Corps. Chair!
- Gave an update on legislative bills.
- He will be in Sacramento on May 6 to advocate for students.
- He is running for California State Student Association (CSSA) President.
- Christian Onwuka, Vice President of Financial Affairs
- Reviewed policies for Financial Affairs Committee and Campus Program Funding. The funding will be finalized on Monday.
- Ronnie Cravens, Vice President of University Affairs
- “Clash of the Colleges” will take place next Friday.
- University Affairs Board will vote for a Your Voice Matters Chair on Friday.
- Cat Kricorian, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Will continue to work on scripts for the A.S. marketing videos.
- Beck Svensson, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Chloe Sabio, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director:
- The last meeting will be next Wednesday at 3:30 pm.
- Excited to see everyone at AAAs tomorrow!
- Aztec Student Union Board:
- Congratulations to Lyndsey on her position as next year’s Aztec Student Union Board Commissioner!
- The last Nooner was today.
- Next Monday will be the last Monday Night Movie event.
- There will be a finals distress event on Wednesday.
- There will be finals pop-up events happening next week in the courtyard.
- Excited for next year!
- Campus Community Commission:
- The last Good Neighbor Clean Up will be this Sunday at 9:30 am.
- Congratulations to Ashley Tejada on her position as the Campus Community Commissioner!
- Community Service Commission:
- Congratulations to Connor Curley on his position as the Community Service Commissioner!
- Gave an update on the vision for CSC to be a more proactive commission.
- Recreation and Wellness Commission:
- Baseball Sport Club will become the 21st Sport Club Team.
- Congratulations to Brianna Ruloma on her position as the Recreation and Wellness Commissioner!
- Student Diversity Commission:
- Reminded members to consider their commitment as an ally.
- Thursday will be the last SDC meeting.
- There will be a self-care extravaganza on Monday.
- Student Support Commission:
- Congratulations to Abigail Tamayo on her position as Student Support Commissioner.
- The Resolution for the Meal Sharing Program at SDSU was approved in University Council.
- Sustainability Commission:
- Congratulations to Courtney on her position as Sustainability Commissioner!
- Swap Shop was a success today!
- Expressed her gratefulness for this year.
- Campus Life Council Student-at-Large:
- Expressed appreciation for council members.
- Congratulations to Sam Emami for his job offer in New York City!
- Marketing and Communications Commission:
- Congratulations to Meghan Mahoney on her position as Marketing and Communications Commissioner!
- Thankful for a great year.
- There will be a Campus Safety meeting on Tuesday from 1-2 pm.
- Brianna thanked executive board members for being heart-led leaders.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive Vice President Nickolas Wohlman adjourned the meeting at 6:23 PM.
APPROVED BY: Nickolas Wohlman, Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY: Aileen Wei, A.S. Government Secretary