Associated Students | San Diego State University
Wednesday, February 20, 2019 - 3:00pm
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Executive Vice President Nickolas Wohlman called the meeting to order at 3:34 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Chris Thomas, Nickolas Wohlman, Christian Onwuka (late), Ronnie Cravens, Cat Kricorian (late), Emma Wenger, Connor Curley, Brianna Ruloma, Sabrina Sessarego, Kyla Blaylock, Mitchell Nishimoto, Max Johnson, George Scott, Vecky Hernandez-Leon, Dustin Adkins, Cassie Weinberg, Luke Fishman, Ashley Tejada.
- Voting Members Absent: Michael Wiafe, Beck Svensson, Chloe Sabio, Noah Winne, Sam Emami, Lane Yazzie.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Ryan Du, Parnaz Rezaie Boroon, Dr. Randy Timm (late).
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Christina Brown, Aileen Wei.
- Visitors Present: Stephanie Waits-Galia, Brianna Douglass, Jada Johnson.
IV. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of February 20, 2019.
There was a friendly amendment to move University Reports and Presentations Item A. SDSU Counseling and Psychological Services Presentation to the Economic Crisis Response Team Presentation with a time certain of 3:45 pm. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
A. Economic Crisis Response Team Presentation (Time Certain 3:45 PM): Stephanie Galia and Brianna Douglass updated the council on and aspects of the Economic Crisis Response Team services and answered questions from the members.
B. SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Dr. Randy Timm: No report.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
A. General Consent Agenda (Action):
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS
A. Nickolas Wohlman, Executive Vice President:
- The deadline for Aztec Achievement Awards (AAA) applications is March 12. AAA will take place on April 25.
- Encouraged members to attend GreenFest events from March 11-15.
B. Chris Thomas, President:
- Gave an update on the provost search. The 12 candidates will be on campus mid March.
- Applications for elections are due tomorrow by 4:00 pm in the office.
- Will travel to Orange County tomorrow to attend the regional council.
- Members will compile documents every meeting to begin the transitioning system for new A.S. leaders.
- The Leadership Summit was a success.
C. Michael Wiafe, Vice President of External Relations:
D. Christian Onwuka, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Finalized scripts for A.S. budget videos.
- Gave an update on the Mission Valley finance sub-committee.
- The Campus Program Funding food limit will increase from $600 to $1,000 beginning Fall 2019.
- Budget hearings will occur soon.
E. Ronnie Cravens, Vice President of University Affairs:
- The position for the College of Education Representative is filled.
- “Clash of the Colleges” will take place May 1 from 11 am – 3pm.
- Debbie Richeson from parking services will attend the University Affairs Board meeting to discuss first-year parking.
F. Cat Kricorian, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Will begin filming the promotion videos for the A.S. website.
- Will work on a women empowerment event with Anya.
G. Beck Svensson, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
H. Chloe Sabio, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
I. Christina Brown, Executive Director:
- Gave an A.S. budget presentation to President de la Torre and it went very well.
J. Aztec Student Union Board:
- The GreenFest artist is Daniel Caesar. Tickets are on sale for $15.
- Tomorrow is Philanthropy Day!
K. Campus Community Commission:
- Campus Safety meeting will start soon.
L. Community Service Commission:
- The “Why I Give” event will take place from 10 am – 1pm tomorrow.
- The Aztec Unity Project is February 21-22.
M. Recreation and Wellness Commission:
- Gave an update on “Live Well Week”.
- Reminded members to get their Meningitis B vaccinations.
- There will be an increase in women’s only programming.
N. Student Diversity Commission:
- SDCelebration will not be Spring into Diversity.
- Will have discussions with Dr. Wood about the admissions process.
O. Student Support Commission:
- Will help plan Mental Health Week.
- Gave an update on the food pantry. There is a need to help with sorting.
P. Sustainability Commission:
- There was a Green Lunchbag event today.
- Gave an update on the Climate Action Plan.
Q. Campus Life Council Student-at-Large:
R. Marketing and Communications Commission:
- Will promote elections.
- There are many promotions coming soon.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive Vice President Nickolas Wohlman adjourned the meeting at 5:14 PM.
APPROVED BY: Nickolas Wohlman, Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY:Aileen Wei, A.S. Government Secretary