FEBRUARY 28, 2018 – COUNCIL CHAMBERS
CONRAD PREBYS AZTEC STUDENT UNION – 3:30 PM
I. CALL TO ORDER
Executive Vice President Vanessa Girard called the meeting to order at 3:37 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Vanessa Girard, Carmel Alon, Hayden Willis, Chris Thomas (late), Anya Shutovska, Joshua Miller, Brie Hornig, Dustin Adkins, Nubia Milpas (left early/came back), Sedona Hill (left early), Sabrina Laut, Mitchell Nishimoto, George Scott, Nicole Becker (left early/came back), Luke Fishman, Charlotte Roberts, Nickolas Wohlman, Beck Svensson, Mary Staka, Chloe Sabio (left early/came back), Noah Winne, Hunter Young.
- Voting Members Absent: Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Kyla Blaylock
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Sam Emami, Aileen Wei.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Dr. Randy Timm, Christina Brown.
- Visitors Present: Amber Nelson, Nick Elliott, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
IV. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of February 28, 2018.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT:
- Nick Elliott, representative for the David Project at Hillel, to explain and invite student leaders to the BBQ at Hillel tonight at 7-9 pm.
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Dr. Randy Timm: None.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS
- Vanessa Girard, Executive Vice President:
- Tickets for the Mountain West game are available for pick-up tomorrow at 10 am.
- There will be a focus group for football on March 20 from 6-7:30 pm.
- Chimezie Ebiriekwe, President: None.
- Carmel Alon, Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Hayden Willis, Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Chris Thomas, Vice President of University Affairs: None.
- Brie Hornig, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Josh Miller, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Anya Shutovska, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director: None.
- Aztec Student Union Board:
- Reflected on the Fall semester and discussed upcoming events.
- Campus Community Commission:
- The working groups during commission was helpful.
- Good Neighbor Cleanup on Sunday was a success.
- Will collaborate with Community Service Commission on March 18 to clean up the community.
- Community Service Commission:
- Discussed improvements made and new ideas they learned from the previous semester.
- Recreation and Wellness Commission:
- Student Diversity Commission:
- Student Support Commission:
- Gave an update on the event and efforts made to advertise the ombudsman.-6.
- Sustainability Commission:
- Campus Life Council Student-at-Large:
- Motivated members to continue working on their goals.
- Marketing and Communications Commission:
- Discussed marketing strategies for the semester.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive President Vanessa Girard adjourned the meeting at 6:31 PM.
APPROVED BY: Vanessa Girard, Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY: Aileen Wei, A.S. Government Secretary