Wednesday, April 5, 2017 – 3:30 PM
Scripps Cottage, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Executive Vice President Patty Masengale called the meeting to order at 3:37 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Patty Masengale, Arnelle Sambile, Natalie Martinez, McKinley Kane, Joey Lucero, Daniel Matlock, Marisa Cubing, Eran Bechor, Alexis Alexander-Hood, Mustafa Alemi, Anya Shutovska, Carlo Lacson, Meghan Andrade (late), Tagg Hurtubise, Ellen Rydell.
- Voting Members Absent: Jamie Miller, Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Dylan Colliflower, Alex Shapiro, Chris Thomas, Shelah Ott, Alessandra Casey, Curtis Copin, Josh Miller, Rachel Muntz.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Gerardo Cabral, Hunter Young for Curtis Copin.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Christina Brown, Dr. Randy Timm.
- Visitors Present: Jasmine Bermudez, Caryl Adams.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of April 5, 2017
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous Campus Life Council minutes, dated 03/15/17, as attached.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Caryl Adams for Dr. Randy Timm:
- She will be training CLC on how to use a new program called “Presence”. It will help the process of collecting data become easier.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
- Appointments and Review selection (Action): It was moved and seconded to appoint Rachel Muntz as Campus Life Council representative to serve on the Appointments and Review Committee.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Patty Masengale, Executive Vice President:
- Take back the week is next week! The pledge is on the A.S. website.
- Please RSVP to Aztec Achievement Awards on April 20.
- Special UC meeting is taking place right now. They will be voting on the resolution.
- CLC meeting on April 19 will be in State Suite.
- Last meeting will be on April 26.
- Jamie Miller, President: None.
- Dylan Colliflower, Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Alex Shapiro, Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Vice President of University Affairs: None.
- Mustafa Alemi, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Daniel Matlock, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Is working on transition documents.
- Encouraged everyone to attend the Aztec Achievement Awards.
- Arnelle Sambile, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Encouraged commissioners and representatives to talk to their members and reflect on the year. Let Arnelle know if you would like help on sending out a survey.
- Students of Color Conference is on April 23. All workshops will be held by professors.
- Is working with Farris to have Educational Opportunity Program students connect with the First Year Leadership Initative.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director: None.
- Aztec Student Union Board:
- Take back the Night is on April 13 at 5pm.
- Open Mic is on April 20 from 5-7pm in the Courtyard.
- Art Gallery is on April 18.
- Exec application for ASUB is closed at 4pm. Applications for committees are still open.
- Campus Community Commission:
- Passed the Resolution Condemning Anti-Semitism. Curtis and Josh are presenting at UC meeting right now.
- Good Neighbor Cleanup is on April 9.
- Residence Hall Mixer has been pushed back.
- Community Service Commission:
- Is working with Patty for the It’s On Us campaign.
- Is still working on the Little Free Library project.
- Is looking into service events to wrap up the year.
- Recreation and Wellness Commission:
- Live Well Latenight is on Thursday from 7-11pm.
- Next Tuesday is the Health Expo from 10-2pm.
- Thursday, April 13 is the last Live Well Aztecs event from 8-10pm.
- Student Diversity Commission:
- Had the 2nd reading of the resolution regarding the mascot. Next Monday, they will be voting on the resolution.
- Students of Color Conference is on April 23.
- Student Support Commission:
- Food Pantry resolution passed. It will be presented at UC next week.
- Addressed the meeting time issue. They did follow procedure.
- Student Support will be taking headshots at the Just in Time Career Fair next Thursday.
- Sustainability Commission:
- Final green lunchbag series will be in the next 2 weeks.
- Campus Life Council Student-at-Larges:
- Reminded everyone that the transition dinner is on April 27 in Templo Mayor.
- Transition binders will be handed at next CLC meeting.
- Marketing and Communications Commission:
- A.S. homepage will be launched on April 17.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive President Patty Masengale adjourned the meeting at 4:07PM.
APPROVED BY: Patty Masengale, Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary