SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
October 26, 2016 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Executive Vice President Patty Masengale called the meeting to order at 4:04 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jamie Miller, Patty Masengale (left early), Alex Shapiro, Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Mustafa Alemi, Josh Miller, Anya Shutovska, Carlo Lacson, Natalie Martinez, McKinley Kane, Alessandra Casey, Alexis Alexander-Hood, Tagg Hurtubise, Ellen Rydell, Meghan Andrade, Chris Thomas, Rachel Muntz, Joey Lucero, Shelah Ott, Marisa Cubing, Daniel Matlock, Arnelle Sambile, Marisa Cubing, Eran Bechor.
- Voting Members Absent: Dylan Colliflower, Curtis Copin.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown, Randy Timm.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Jazmin Bermudez.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of October 26, 2016.
Jamie Miller made a friendly amendment to add a time certain of 5:00pm to Adjournment.
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous Campus Life Council minutes, dated 10/12/16, as attached.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Dr. Randy Timm:
- There are currently 207 Recognized Student Organizations. This is 70 lower than last year because the majority of them do not have an advisor.
- Thanked Carlos, the A.S. Finance Director, for helping the student organizations with the new banking process.
- Gave Jamie the formal process for students to utilize the Smart Classroom at no charge.
- The new guideline for environmental health and safety now requires handwashing stations and fire extinguishers for outdoor events.
- There are three leaders confirmed for the Aztecs Past, Present and Future event: Grant Mack, Chris Manigault, and Blaire Ward.
- Homecoming Court selection is tomorrow. There is a chance that the Homecoming Royals are of the same gender.
- Judicial Affairs Council Update:
- Patty reminded everyone that charters amendments are due this Friday. Please email changes to JAC.
- All requirements are due November 9. Please do not forget to fill out the google form.
- Student Support and Community Service Commissions Presentations:
- Community Service Commission gave a presentation on the Aztecs Rock Hunger campaign. Meghan and Anya highly encouraged everyone to utilize Venmo to push for the goal of 400,000lbs of food.
- Student Support Commission gave a presentation on the Your Voice Matter campaign. McKinley and Joey walked everyone through the submission process on the website. They highly encouraged everyone to help spread the word about this initiative and attend the first Town Hall event this Friday.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Patty Masengale, Executive Vice President:
- Apologized for starting the meeting late. We were at the ceremony to celebrate the $25 million dollars donation from the Fowler family to the College of Business, which is now named the Fowler School of Business.
- Passed out the Homecoming rave cards which have all the Homecoming events on the back.
- Homecoming is next week!
- Please sign up for the Homecoming 5k on Sat November 5.
- Thanked everyone for attending Fantastic Friday.
- Jamie Miller, President: None.
- Dylan Colliflower, Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Alex Shapiro, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Thanked everyone for the all the support with Aztecs Rock Hunger so far. He encouraged everyone to table when they have time.
- Please table at the Boo Parade Carnival on October 29 from 11-2pm.
- Aztecs Proud tabling will be on Wednesday and Thursday, November 2-3.
- ARH thermometer is up in the Union display!
- Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Vice President of University Affairs: None.
- Mustafa Alemi, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Daniel Matlock, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Arnelle Sambile, ASBOD Student-at-Large: None.
- Christina Brown, Executive Director:
- Is very thankful for the Fowler family’s donation to the College of Business today. Christina is very excited to see more amazing programs created from this generous donation.
- Aztec Student Union Board: None.
- Campus Community Commission: None.
- Community Service Commission: None.
- Recreation and Wellness Commission: None.
- Student Diversity Commission: None.
- Student Support Commission: None.
- Sustainability Commission: None.
- Campus Life Council Student-at-Larges: None.
(Time Certain 5:00pm) It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive President Patty Masengale adjourned the meeting at 5:05 PM.
APPROVED BY: Patty Masengale, Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary