SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
April 20, 2016 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Executive Vice President Leo Carrillo called the meeting to order at 4:32 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd , Suraj Patel, Michael Liu, Itzelt Santos, Jack Doheny, Lorena Acosta, Arnelle Sambile, Kelsey Moss, Jenna Beuck, Joey Lucero, Vanessa Girard, Jack Doheny, Patty Masengale, Jamie Miller, Michaela Hurtienne, Chris Thomas.
- Voting Members Absent: Tyler Aguilar, Vivian Lee, Trevor Yarnall, Meghan Andrade, Megan Goodman.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown, Randy Timm, Curtis Copin for Suraj Patel, Monica Algya for Daniel Matlock.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Clayton Bishop.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of April 20, 2016.
Michael Liu made a friendly amendment to adjourn at 6pm. There were no objections to the amendment.
The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of April 6, 2016, as attached.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Dr. Randy Timm:
- Informed everyone on the controversial ad in the Daily Aztec and encouraged everyone to have discussion with him if there are any concerns.
- He will not be at Aztec Achievement Awards due to a presentation in Long Beach.
- Updates from Christopher Lujan, Coordinator of the Pride Center at SDSU (Time Certain 4:45pm): None.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President:
- Aztec Achievement Awards is on April 28th at 5pm!
- Reminded everyone that there is a joint meeting next week. Please come and support the newly elected A.S. leaders.
- Blaire Ward, President:
- KCR and Daily Aztec will be sharing working space!
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Budgets are finished.
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- Encouraged everyone to sign up to table for It’s On Us campaign.
- Sign up for Aztec RAK Race is now available.
- The resolution to eliminate smart classroom rental fee is passed.
- A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown:
- Congratulated everyone on doing amazing jobs for this year!
- Lorena Acosta, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Final round of the AVP for Student Achievement selection is on May 2nd.
- Patty Masengale, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- There are still Greenfest concert tickets left! She also encouraged everyone to participate in all the events not just the concert.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive Vice President Leo Carrillo adjourned the meeting at 5:12 PM.
APPROVED BY: Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary