SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
April 6, 2016 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Executive Vice President Leo Carrillo called the meeting to order at 3:37 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward (late), Leo Carillo, Dominic Bilotti, Tyler Aguilar (left early), Andrea Byrd (late), Suraj Patel (left early), Meghan Andrade (left early), Michael Liu, Itzelt Santos, Jack Doheny, Daniel Matlock, Megan Goodman, Lorena Acosta, Arnelle Sambile, Kelsey Moss, Jenna Beuck (left early), Joey Lucero, Vanessa Girard, Jack Doheny, Jack Doheny, Daniel Matlock, Patty Masengale, Jamie Miller, Michaela Hurtienne.
- Voting Members Absent: Vivian Lee, Chris Thomas, Trevor Yarnall.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown, Marisa Cubing for Clayton Bishop.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Randy Timm.
- Visitors Present: Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Steve DiPaolo.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of April 6, 2016.
It was moved and seconded to add action item B. Selection of the Campus Life Council representatives for the Appointment and Review Committee.
The agenda was approved as amended.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of March 16, 2016, as attached.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
Dylan Colliflower, a representative from the External Relations Board, came to speak about the Voter Registration Campaign and stressed the importance of getting students registered to vote. He also asked for help from the Campus Life Council with tabling.
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Dr. Randy Timm: None.
- Commissioner Appointment Process Update, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker:
- Today is the last day to turn in commissioner application.
- All eligible candidates will be sent out to commissioners and advisors on Monday.
- Please email Jen the name, Red ID, cell phone number, and email of the new elected commissioner by April 22nd.
- Reminded everyone to send in their questions for the candidates to Jen by this week.
- It is important to follow up with the advisors and ensure the rosters are updated before voting.
- April 30th is the transition meeting.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
- Selection of the Campus Life Council representatives for the Appointment and Review Committee:
It was moved and seconded to open nominations.
Itzelt Santos, Joey Lucero, and Jenna Beuck were nominated and selected as the Campus Life Council representatives for the Appointment and Review Committee.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President:
- Aztec Achievement Awards is on April 28th. Doors open at 4:30pm.
- Midnight Study Break will be on May 5th.
- Blaire Ward, President:
- Informed everyone about the Chargers’ decision to move their proposed stadium to downtown and what SDSU is considering in response.
- Anthony Lee and Blaire have analyzed the A.S leaders survey and will be giving their report on this upcoming Monday at Board of Directors meeting.
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations:
- Updated everyone on the strike. There will be a 48 hours blackout between the two sides, the CSU and the Faculty Association. An update will be announced at a press conference this Friday.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Finished consolidating for next year’s budget. The increase in minimum wage will be reflected in the budget. Budget for food will rise from $400 to $600 and travel funding is increased from $16,000 to $23,000.
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- Apologized for coming late because she attended the Nobel Laureate Richard Schrock’s event today.
- Informed everyone on the resolution about smart classroom policy. It has been passed by University Affairs Board.
- Take back the week is from April 25th-29th.
- Aztec RAK(Random Acts of Kindness) Race will be on April 29th from 9:30am-1pm. Registration closes on April 22nd at 11:59pm.
- A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown:
- Introduced the new Associate Director of Programs and Marketing, Steve DiPaolo.
- Lorena Acosta, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- First candidate for the AVP of Academic Affairs came in this week. She will keep everyone updated with the other candidates.
- Patty Masengale, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Encouraged everyone to attend all the Greenfest events not just the concert.
- Updated Campus Life Council members on how ticketing for the Greenfest concert will work this year.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive Vice President Leo Carrillo adjourned the meeting at 5:20 PM.
APPROVED BY: Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary