SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
March 16, 2016 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Executive Vice President Leo Carrillo called the meeting to order at 3:33 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward (late), Leo Carillo, Dominic Bilotti, Suraj Patel, Meghan Andrade, Michael Liu, Itzelt Santos (left early), Jack Doheny, Daniel Matlock (late), Chris Thomas(late), Megan Goodman, Lorena Acosta, Arnelle Sambile, Kelsey Moss, Jenna Bueck, Joey Lucero, Vanessa Girard, Jack Doheny, Trevor Yarnall.
- Voting Members Absent: Tyler Aguilar, Andrea Byrd, Vivian Lee, Patty Masengale, Jamie Miller, Michaela Hurtienne.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Anthony Piazza for Jack Doheny, Curtis Copin for Daniel Matlock, Christina Brown, Randy Timm.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Jasmine Bermudez, Erika Rodriguez, Rebecca Bertone, Richard Thompson, Bradley Loomis, Chloe Sension, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Cathie Atkins, Suzanne Finch, Patricia Cue.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of March 16, 2016.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of March 2, 2016, as attached.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
Rebecca Bertone from Zipcar informed everyone that Zipcar is offering free membership for any members of groups affiliated with A.S. and introduced how Zipcar works for Campus Life Council.
Richard Thompson spoke about his concerns regarding excessive officers at the SDSU trolley station and discussed the San Diego High School losing its lease.
Bradley Loomis from Career Services introduced himself and expressed interest in partnering with A.S to promote the Graduate Outcomes Surveys.
Chloe Sension from Judicial Affairs Council reminded everyone on requirement due dates. Study abroad applications and requirements are due April 8th at 4pm. Bylaw amendments are due this Friday at 4pm. Commissioner applications are due April 6th..
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Dr. Randy Timm:
- The university is building a new residence hall called the Capstone project for upper classmen near South Campus Plaza.
- There is a series of renovations on campus in effort of creating more gender neutral bathrooms. The goal is to have one every 2-minute walk.
- Aztec Nights for next year is already in the planning process.
- There is a cultural OneSDSU event on May 5th that the university has partnered with the city of San Diego at Balboa Park.
- Midnight study break is officially sponsored by Pepsi.
- Senate Review Discussion (Time Certain 5:00pm): The Senate Review Committee spoke with Campus Life Council and asked questions regarding A.S.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President:
- Scripps Cottage will be renovated.
- Aztec Achievement Awards had a lot of applications!
- Blaire Ward, President:
- Reminded everyone to email Blaire at email@example.com a list of the accomplishments that each individual has achieved.
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Financial Affairs Committee is going through budget cycle.
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs: None.
- A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown:
- Elections results will be tomorrow night at 7:30pm in Montezuma Hall.
- Lorena Acosta, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- The university has narrowed down to 5 candidates for the Associate Vice President of Academic Affairs for Student Achievements position.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive Vice President Leo Carrillo adjourned the meeting at 6:04 PM.
APPROVED BY: Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary