SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
A.S. CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MINUTES
February 3, 2016 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
Executive Vice President Leo Carillo called the meeting to order at 3:39 PM.
II. PLEDGE OF ALLEGIANCE
III. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carillo, Tyler Aguilar, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Suraj Patel, Meghan Andrade, Michael Liu, Itzelt Santos(left early), Jack Doheny, Jamie Miller, Daniel Matlock(late), Chris Thomas(late), Michaela Hurtienne, Megan Goodman, Lorena Acosta, Patty Masengale, Trevor Yarnall, Arnelle Sambile(left early), Kelsey Moss, Jenna Bueck.
- Voting Members Absent: Vivian Lee, Vanessa Girard.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown, Randy Timm.
- Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: None.
- Visitors Present: Kyndal Chapman, Alondra Hernandez, Jazmin Coronado, Olivia Musil, Adam Brooks, Alex Padilla, Michael Vu.
IV. MODIFICATIONS TO AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of February 3, 2016.
V. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of December 2, 2015.
VI. PUBLIC COMMENT
VII. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Randy Timm:
- Reminded everyone to register for the Leadership Summit because registration will be closing soon.
- Quest for the Best applications are out! Dr. Timm highly encouraged everyone on council to apply.
- OneSDSU events are starting.
- A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown:
- Apologized for being late. She was at the A.S Annual Full-time Staff Safety day.
- Special Presentation from Michael Vu, San Diego County Registrar of Voters ( Time Certain 3:45 pm):
- Discussed registration and voting process and ideas to increase voter registration.
- Special Presentation from Alex Padilla, California Secretary of State:
- Discussed civic engagement, the importance of registering to vote and voting and answered questions.
VIII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
IX. REPORTS OF CAMPUS LIFE COUNCIL MEMBERS:
- Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President:
- Aztecs basketball is undefeated in conference! Encouraged everyone to come out to all the games.
- Went to Student Athlete Advisory Committee to share Know Your A.S Leaders campaign.
- Encouraged everyone to register for Aztecs Dance Marathon.
- Blaire Ward, President:
- Reminded everyone to keep track of accomplishments so Blaire can put them together for an end of the year review.
- Message Blaire on what you are proud of about last semester, or excited about for this semester.
- Thanked student leaders for doing walk-arounds for Know Your A.S Leaders campaign.
- Tyler Aguilar, Vice President of External Relations:
- Reminded everyone to register to vote!
- He will be handing plans to next Vice President of External Relations.
- Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
- Dom is putting together an Economic Crisis Response Team student group.
- He is also working on spring re-budget.
- Andrea Byrd, Vice President of University Affairs:
- College council expo will be next Tuesday and Thursday.
- February 11th is the Assistant Deans Panel from 12-2pm.
- Patty Masengale, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Met with almost all commissioners and representatives to get all boards and commissions involved in Greenfest.
- Emailed college representatives in University Council to get more involved with Campus Life Council.
- Lorena Acosta, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- Set up meeting times with her commissions.
- Trevor Yarnall, ASBOD Student-at-Large:
- He is working on getting sound and video production space up.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive Vice President Leo Carillo adjourned the meeting at 5:49 PM.
APPROVED BY: Leo Carrillo, Executive Vice President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary