Executive Vice President Kevin Hancock called the meeting to order at 3:30 PM.
A. Voting Members Present: Kevin Hancock, Jamie Miller, Abby Kim, Samuel Beltran, Blaire Ward, Patty Masengale, Leo Carillo, Clayton Bishop, Kelsey Schroeder, Lorena Acosta, Kirk Sasaki, Megan Goodman, Niveen Kryakos, Grace Diaz, Jennifer Reyes, Jonathan Cole, Jacqueline Karczewski, Alex Padua, Corey Polant, Keagan Casey, Kyle Murphy, Marilyn Martinez
B. Voting Members Absent: Tyler Aguilar.
C. Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Christina Brown, Clarice Mendoza.
D. Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: None.
E. Visitors Present: Dan Maringer, Kate Zambon, Randy McWilliams, Larry Moffett.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of October 29, 2014.
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of October 15, 2014.
A. SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Randy Timm reported:
1. Congratulations to the students chosen for the Homecoming Court!
2. Campus Film Series – Movie Screening of Awesome Asian Bad Guys: Wednesday, October 29 in the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union Theatre from 7-10 PM.
3. Midnight Study Break: Thursday, December 11 at Montezuma Hall from 10-12 AM.
4. Aztec Nights events are being planned for the spring semester, including a Monte Carlo night, Winter Wonderland, and a showing of the movie Frozen.
5. More diversity trainings are being scheduled. Instead of adding more days, sessions will be added at the same time as the previously added days, but in different locations.
B. A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown reported:
1. The Cal Coast Credit Union Open Air Theatre will be undergoing renovations over the next few months. There will be better lighting equipment and signage, as well as upgraded seating.
2. Recreation is looking to expand their facilities and add more green space on campus for students.
3. Chief Secka will be having a "Chase the Chief" event where faculty, staff, and community members can join him on a morning run on the sports deck. An opportunity for students to "chase the chief" will be in the near future.
4. Be safe this Halloween weekend!
C. Judicial Affairs Council – Brenna Culliton, Justice, reported:
1. The Justices will be reviewing submitted bylaw amendments.
2. 100 study abroad applications have been turned in for this semester only. University Council members will be reviewing those, but Campus Life Council may be asked to review applications next semester.
3. The deadline for the attendance of a cultural event and non-council meeting is Friday, November 21.
4. Please review your attendance via the attendance sheet to keep track of your attendance.
D. Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union Presentation – Lynn Cacha, Director, reported:
1. After introducing herself and some of the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union full-time staff members present, Dan Maringer, Kate Zambon, Randy McWilliams, and Larry Moffet, Lynn described the overview and processes of maintaining the Union and its facilities.
2. A change in rates and hours has been made to accommodate student recommendations.
3. An Assistant Director for Operations position will be created and applications will be accepted to fill that role.
4. Lynn and Dan invited the Campus Life Council members to ask them questions about the Union and its use.
A. General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive Vice President Kevin Hancock adjourned the meeting at 5:12 PM.