Executive Vice President Becca Cohen called the meeting to order at 3:36 PM.
A. Voting Members Present: Becca Cohen, Ezinne Ofeogbu, Jacqueline Karczewski, Cassie Zimmerman, Megan Goodman, Gabrielle Gray, Alyssa Carbajal, Hassan Abdinur, Grace Diaz, Gabriela Leverette, Dara Majdi, Kelsey Schroeder, Tyler Aguilar, Michelle Ong, Corey Polant, Tianna Williams, Josh Morse, Javier Gomez, Morgan Chan, Mariah Kelly
B. Voting Members Absent: Jordan Wells, Javier Gomez, Morgan Chan
C. Ex-Officios (non-voting) Present: Christina Brown, Clarice Mendoza, Josh Garman, Washington Navarrete
D. Ex-Officios (non-voting) Absent: Dr. Timothy Quinnan
E. Visitors Present: Abby Kim, Jamie-Lee Miller, Nick Serrano
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda of December 4, 2013.
It was moved and seconded to approve the previous minutes of November 13, 2013.
A. SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee, Dr. Tim Quinnan: No report.
B. A.S. Executive Director, Christina Brown reported:
1. Good luck on finals, everyone!
2. Feel free to consider the Government Office as your home on the third floor of the Aztec Student Union.
C. Campus Community Commission Update – Campus Community Commissioner, Tianna Williams, and Campus Community Commission Representative, Hassan Abdinur reported:
1. Tianna Williams and Hassan Abdinur gave a presentation on the Campus Community Commission to Campus Life Council. They reviewed their purpose and goals for the year, as well as their progress as an all new commission, initiated since the recent government restructuring.
A. General Consent Agenda: (Action)
It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
Washington Navarrete made a friendly amendment to add the 10/3 GreenFest Executive Committee minutes to the General Consent Agenda.
The General Consent Agenda was approved as amended.
A. Becca Cohen, Executive Vice President:
1. Welcome to Campus Life Council, Chad!
2. Becca gave an update on Awards Committee’s A.S. Leader of the Month program.
3. The Spring Semester Retreat is currently being organized. Get ready for February 1st!
4. Please do your part in promoting the upcoming Welcome Back semester. ASUB has been working on the many events that will be within the first two weeks of the semester as well as the events planned during Grand Dedication Week in March.
5. The Good Neighbor Program will be caroling tomorrow in the neighborhoods. Meet in Aztec Mesa 104.
B. Mariah Kelly, Vice President of Financial Affairs:
1. The Associated Business Student Council will be having their open forum on Friday from 3:30-4:30 PM in EBA 343.
C. Washington Navarrete, Board of Director Student-at-Large:
1. The open forum for the candidates for the Vice President for Student Affairs position will be happening within the next few weeks.
D. Jacqueline Karczewski, Community Service Commissioner:
1. Help is needed at the faculty and staff morale event happening at the flagpole tomorrow. It will be an opportunity to make Christmas cards for SDSU faculty and staff. Contact Gabriela if you are available.
E. Gabrielle Gray, Student Diversity Commission Representative:
1. Volunteers will be needed to help out with the Martin Luther King Jr. Day event.
2. The Cross-Cultural Center will be having a fundraiser on Friday.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
Executive Vice President Becca Cohen adjourned the meeting at 4:56 PM.