Associated Students | San Diego State University
Wednesday, February 3, 2021 - 3:30pm
Meeting ID: 996 6999 9895
All Council Meeting
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Christian Holt, called the meeting to order at 3:33 p.m. PDT
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Christian Holt, Bella Martelino, Armando Sepulveda II, Victor Penera, Crystal Sanchez, Hannah Berman-Schneider, Joyce Chen (late), Abigail Tamayo, Ashley Tejada, Karina Esteban, Peter Mitri, Gabby Thayer, Alanie Abron, AJ Weizman, Audrey Carlson, Jacinda Molina, Taylor Jones, Courtney Parks, Kole Wellenstein, Dani Luistro, Carissa Fong, Simran Jain, Beth Bridges, Rob Winter, Zihao Zhou, Chadi Tarazi, Ryan King, Will Stranzl, Karla Baltazar, Tito Hernandez, Alex Chasson, Sarah Hoang, Alyssa Sandford, Skylar Christie, Alondra Hernandez, Jan Velasco, Sydney Steinbeck, Jennifer Schenkenfelder, Jeanette Marino, Angelo Gozon, Satya Bhambani, Diego Ramirez, Guan Liu
- Voting Members Absent: Reece Breuckman, Antonio Marquez, JR Lauron, Sam Baeza, Ezra Delbick, Oliva Luera, Kendall Kolp, Joey Fraticelli, Julia Lloren, Austin Barber, Bryce Evans, Trent Moca, Darren Wilson, Grace deVega, Jessica Rentto, Dr. J. Luke Wood
- Non-Voting Members Present: Christina Brown, Janice Dils.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: Call in “guest (203)”, Cathy Pucher, Christy Samarkos, Sheryll Del Rosario, Krystal Raynes, Maryana Khames, Zahraa Khuraibet
III. APPROVAL OF THE AGENDA:
It was moved and seconded to approve the All Council agenda.
Bella – Yes Armando – Yes
Victor – Yes Crystal – Yes
Hannah – Yes Abi – Yes
Ashley – Yes Karina – Yes
Peter – Yes Gabby – Yes
Alanie – Yes AJ – Yes
Audrey – Yes Jacinda – Yes
Taylor – Yes Courtney – Yes
Kole – Yes Dani – Yes
Carissa – Yes Simran – Yes
Beth – Yes Rob – Yes
Zihao – Yes Chadi – Yes
Ryan – Yes Will – Yes
Karla – Yes Tito – Yes
Alex – Yes Sarah – Yes
Alyssa – Yes Skylar – Yes
Alondra – Yes Jan – Yes
Sydney – Yes Jennifer – Yes
Jeanette – Yes Angelo – Yes
Satya – Yes Diego – Yes
Guan - Yes
IV. PUBLIC COMMENT:
- The ZIP Launchpad- Cathy Pucher, Executive Director of the Zahn Center (Time Certain 3:45 p.m.)
Cathy Pucher discussed the Zahn Innovation Platform (ZIP) Launchpad, a program that supports aspiring entrepreneurs and makes their ideas a reality. Applications to apply to the program are due on Sunday, February 14, 2021.
- Check Fraud, Phishing and Cybersecurity - Christy Samarkos, Associate Vice President for Campus and Community Partnerships in the Division of Student Affairs and Campus Diversity and Sheryll Del Rosario, Operations System Analyst for Instructional Technology Services (Time Certain: 3:55 p.m.)
Christy Samarkos presented on the importance of students protecting themselves from online phishing schemes and check fraud and best practices in order to do so.
- California State Student Association (CSSA) - Diane Vicente, Chair; Guan Liu, Vice President of Legislative Affairs; Maryana Khames and Krystal Raynes, Student Trustees (Time Certain 4:15 p.m.)
CSSA President Khuraibet and CSSA Vice President of Legislative Affairs Guan Liu presented an overview of the CSSA. California State University (CSU) Student Trustees Maryana Khames and Krystal Raynes presented an overview of the CSU.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting at 5:09 p.m.
SANCHEZ/MARTELINO CARRIED (41-0-0)