A.S. President, Chimezie Ebiriekwe, called the meeting to order at 3:33 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 1/22/18, as attached.
President: Chimezie Ebiriekwe reported on the following:
1. Reminded members to complete the 360 review for Christina by tonight.
2. An event will be held Thursday, February 8 from 9-10:30 am in Montezuma Hall to meet the University President.
3. Gave an update on the Aztec Identity working group that includes discussing of proposals for funding.
4. A temporary staff member has been hired to train students to work in the Media Studio.
Executive Vice President: Vanessa Girard reported on the following:
1. Discussed the increased awareness of campus safety and the potential for a subcommittee.
2. Is working on the Aztec Achievement Awards.
Vice President of External Relations: Carmel Alon reported on the following:
1. Will present information about a winter session at the upcoming University Council meeting.
2. Discussed the incorporation of “Rock the Vote” with “Take Back the Week”
3. Will plan to discuss methods to fight the possible tuition hike at upcoming meetings.
Vice President of Financial Affairs: Hayden Willis reported on the following:
1. Working with Chris Thomas on the ARC Referendum.
2. Discussed his goals to prepare for the automated banking initiative.
Vice President of University Affairs: Chris Thomas reported on the following:
1. Reminded members of the New Registration Timeline.
2. The Administrative Citation of $75 for violation of University policies on skateboarding, bicycling, and smoking.
3. Discussed the voter pamphlet that is available for information on the ARC Referendum.
Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
1. Will attend the Basic Needs Conference with Angelica and Dustin in Sacramento.
2. Excited for the opening of the Media Studio.
3. Presented the training map that included resources for staff and students.
Josh Miller, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. Excited to work on the “Rock the Vote” campaign.
2. Will work to educate students on the ARC Referendum.
Brie Hornig, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. Attended the conference in UC Davis on Higher Education services.
Farris Nabulsi, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. There will be a meeting on Wednesday at 8:30 am to continue discussion of Halal food.
Anya Shutovska, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. Will work with Sustainability and Community Service on their goals for their semester.
2. Excited to work with the ARC Referendum team and “Rock the Vote” campaign.
Michelle Sabin, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. Encouraged members to attend the PSFA Panel on Wednesday from 1-2 pm in Scripps Cottage to get PSFA students involved in Associated Students.
Victor Uwakwe, Student-At-Large reported on the following: None.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:41 pm.
APPROVED BY: Chimezie Ebiriekwe, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Aileen Wei, A.S. Government Secretary