A.S. President, Chimezie Ebiriekwe, called the meeting to order at 3:33 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 12/11/17, as attached.
President: Chimezie Ebiriekwe reported on the following:
1. Expressed his gratitude to present at the Auxiliary Organizations Association (AOA).
2. Attended the presidential search interviews in Los Angeles over break. The candidates will be reviewed by the Board of Trustees. The President will be announced on January 31st.
Executive Vice President: Vanessa Girard reported on the following: None.
Vice President of External Relations: Carmel Alon reported on the following:
1. The External Relations Board will begin next week. They are excited to begin the Rock the Vote campaign.
2. Will attend the California State Student Association (CSSA) meeting with Chimezie this weekend at California State University, Dominguez Hills.
Vice President of Financial Affairs: Hayden Willis reported on the following:
1. Will work with Chris Thomas on the ARC Referendum.
2. Excited to prepare to chair the Facilities Committee.
Vice President of University Affairs: Chris Thomas reported on the following:
1. Informed members of the University Affairs Board meeting on Tuesdays at 10 am.
2. The location and time of the Undergraduate Research Committee is to be determined.
3. The “Your Voice Matters” campaign will continue throughout the semester.
4. Gave a shuttle service update. The meeting will be biweekly on Mondays from 2-3 pm.
5. The ARC Referendum marketing campaign will begin mid-February. Students will be able to vote for the referendum through Webportal on March 6-7.
Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
1. Attended the Auxiliary Organizations Association Conference during winter break and discussed a variety of topics with other universities in the California State University system.
2. The media studio will soon be available to students this semester.
Josh Miller, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. Had a great time at Retreat!
2. Will discuss the goals of the commissions that he is overseeing.
Brie Hornig, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. Discussed goals with Student Diversity Commission and Student Support Council.
2. Connected with Dustin Adkins, Student Support Commissioner, to help him with transitions and recruiting volunteers for the Food Pantry.
3. Student Support Commission will collaborate with Marketing and Communications this semester for Food Pantry volunteers.
Farris Nabulsi, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. Excited for the semester and Associated Students!
Anya Shutovska, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. Checked in with Community Service Commission and Sustainability Commission.
2. Excited to table and volunteer for Food Pantry. She encouraged members to set an example for the student body in volunteering for the Food Pantry
Michelle Sabin, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
1. Enjoyed the retreat and is excited to work with Rock the Vote!
Victor Uwakwe, Student-At-Large reported on the following: None.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:05 pm.
APPROVED BY: Chimezie Ebiriekwe, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Aileen Wei, A.S. Government Secretary