Monday, June 26, 2017 – 4:00 PM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Chimezie Ebiriekwe called the meeting to order at 4:09 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Vanessa Girard, Hayden Willis, Carmel Alon, Chris Thomas, Anya Shutovska, Farris Nabulsi, Jessica Rentto.
- Voting Members Absent: Brie Hornig, Josh Miller, Michelle Sabin, Victor Uwakwe, Christy Samarkos.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Christina Brown, Linh Phan, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: Carlos Careaga, Patty Rea.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 04/24/17 and 04/26/17, as attached.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: Jessica Rentto reported on the following:
- Thanked everyone for coming to SDSU Faculty and Staff Field Day.
- Trader Joe’s is officially open!
- University President’s Designee: None.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): None.
- General Consent Report (Information): None.
- 2016 990 Tax Review-Carlos Careaga, Finance Director (Information) (Time Certain 5:00pm): Carlos Careaga, Finance Director, introduced himself and reviewed what the form 990 is and its contents.
- Q3 Financial Report (Information): Hayden Willis, VP of Financial Affairs, reviewed the Q3 Financial Report, as attached, and answered questions.
- Graduate Student Association Travel Request (Action): Hayden Willis, VP of Financial Affairs, reviewed the Graduate Student Association Proposal Request which was submitted instead of a travel request. It was moved and seconded to approve the Graduate Student Association Proposal Request, as attached. SHUTOVSKA/WILLIS CARRIED
- Appointments to A.S. Board, Committees, and Commissions (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the memo, as attached. GIRARD/NABULSI There was a friendly amendment to correct Campus Service to Community Service Commission. There were no objections. The memo was approved as amended. CARRIED
- Children’s Center Employee Discount Adjustment – Patty Rea, Human Resources Director (Action) (Time Certain 4:30pm): Patty Rea, Human Resources Director, introduced herself and what the Human Resources department is comprised of. She informed the Board of the Children’s Center employee’s discount adjustment. There was no hand out. It was moved and seconded to approve the Children’s Center Employee Discount Adjustment. SHUTOVSKA/ALON CARRIED
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members)
- Annual A.S. Full-time Staff Salary Equity Adjustments (Immediately following VII. Items for Consideration G.): It was moved and seconded to move into Closed Session. GIRARD/THOMAS CARRIED
Patty Rea, Human Resources Director reviewed the Annual A.S. Full-time Staff Salary Equity Adjustments.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Annual A.S. Full-time Staff Salary Equity Adjustments. GIRARD/WILLIS CARRIED
It was moved and seconded to move out of Closed Session. ALON/THOMAS CARRIED
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS
- President: Chimezie Ebiriekwe reported on the following:
- Will be meeting with student leaders to discuss goals for this year.
- Met with Dean Etschmaier, the Love Library Dean.
- Executive Vice President: Vanessa Girard reported on the following:
- Will be attending California Higher Education Sustainability Conference in Santa Barbara with Green Love Commission.
- Please let Vanessa know if you have ideas on opportunities to collaborate for Campus Life Council.
- Vice President of External Relations: Carmel Alon reported on the following:
- Is working on a speaker series.
- Is working on California State Student Association (CSSA) polling.
- At the next CSSA meeting, she will bid on hosting CSSA in either November or January.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: Hayden Willis reported on the following:
- Is preparing for Aztecs Rock Hunger. Dates are tentatively September 30-October 22.
- Is working on budget.
- Vice President of University Affairs: Chris Thomas reported on the following:
- Goal for this year is to strengthen University Council.
- Is working on Your Voice Matters campaign.
- Is working with Dean Etschmaier on a new search tool for the library collections.
- Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
- Will be doing a food pantry debrief and begin planning for the year.
- Is looking forward to working with the Graduate Student Association on their initiatives this year.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS
- Anya Shutovska, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
- Is setting goals for the year.
- She is looking forward to see the officers’ vision.
- Farris Nabulsi, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
- Suggested a groupme chat for communication.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting. ALON/THOMAS CARRIED
The meeting was adjourned at 5:48pm.
APPROVED BY: Chimezie Ebiriekwe, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary