Monday, February 6, 2017 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Jamie Miller called the meeting to order at 3:38 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Patty Masengale, Dylan Colliflower, Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Dustin Pina, Daniel Matlock, Arnelle Sambile, Chloe Sension, Mustafa Alemi, Michael Kagan,
- Voting Members Absent: Jamie Miller, Alex Shapiro, Jessica Rentto.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Dr. Randy Timm for Christy Samarkos, Christina Brown, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Linh Phan.
- Visitors: Sam from MarComm, Carlos Careaga.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
IIt was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 1/23/17, as attached.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: None.
- University President’s Designee: None.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the general consent agenda.
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed.
- Quarter 2 Financial Review (Information) (Time Certain 4:30pm): Carlos Careaga, Finance Director, reviewed the Quarter 2 Financial Review with Board of Directors.
- ARC Memberships for Student Leaders (Information): Mustafa Alemi proposed the free Arc membership for student leaders and received feedback from Board of Directors.
- Selection of BOD Rep. to serve on Elections Coordinator Appointments and Review Ad-hoc Committee (Action): It was moved and seconded to appoint Daniel Matlock as the BOD rep. to serve on Elections Coordinator Appointments and Review Ad-hoc Committee.
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members)
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Facilities Board: Meetings will be on an as-needed basis.
- Financial Affairs Committee: New members will be trained by Carlos.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: There is an Aztecs Night focus group. MarComm will be doing live stream and walk-arounds to promote the A.S. Election. Sam broke down the navigation for the new A.S. website.
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: None.
- Executive Vice President: Patty Masengale reported on the following:
- Goal for Aztecs Achievement Awards is 100 applications! Deadline is February 17 at 4:30pm.
- Reminded everyone about the A.S. Alumni event on Wednesday from 6-7:30pm in Montezuma Lounge.
- Please fill out the doodle so Jordan can arrange a meeting time for BOD and JAC.
- Vice President of External Relations: Dylan Colliflower reported on the following:
- Cruz vs Sanders debate is tomorrow in the Theater.
- Toured with Georgette Gomez, the City Council representative last Friday.
- Next CSSA is in two weeks.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Vice President of University Affairs: Chimezie Ebiriekwe reported on the following:
- Police department round table, community policing meet every two months.
- Is still on the interviewing panel for a new Imperial Valley Campus Dean.
- Met with the Agape House Students to answer questions.
- Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
- Vanessa and Stephanie will be working with a consultant firm on the beautification of the student union.
- Chief Josh Mays will be at next BOD meeting to give updates.
- A.S. is working on updating the info booth.
- Met with CSSA staff last Thursday at Long Beach to discuss various issues.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Chloe Sension, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
- Research and Assessment Committee has a new meeting time.
- Michael Kagan, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
- He needs a replacement for Senate committee.
- Updated everyone on Aztecs Dance Marathon. The event will be from February 24-25.
- Dustin Pina, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
- Met with Todd, the new Aztec Shops CEO.
- He helped Alex with FAC interviews.
- Mustafa Alemi, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
- Will be serving as a liason between SDC and BOD.
- Daniel Matlock, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
- Attended CFAC and will be going to CACC.
- Is helping with commissions in need.
- Arnelle Sambile, Student-At-Large reported on the following:
- Needs a new rep for Diversity and Equity Outreach Committee.
- Students of Color Conference planning is going well.
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:12pm.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary