Monday, December 12, 2016 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Jamie Miller called the meeting to order at 3:39 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jamie Miller, Patty Masengale, Dylan Colliflower, Chimezie Ebiriekwe (late), Daniel Matlock, Arnelle Sambile, Chloe Sension, Mustafa Alemi, Michael Kagan, Christy Samarkos, Jessica Rentto.
- Voting Members Absent: Alex Shapiro, Dustin Pina.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Christina Brown, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Linh Phan.
- Visitors: Patty Rea, Carlos Careaga, Jordan Maharaj, Russell Parris.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
There was a friendly amendment to change the time certain of item D. 16/17 Q1 Financial Report from 5pm to first item of business. There were no objections.
COLLIFLOWER/MATLOCK The agenda was approved as amended. CARRIED
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 11/28/16, as attached.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: None.
- University President’s Designee: Christy Samarkos reported on the following:
- Educational Opportunity Program and Financial Aid office renovations are going well. Hopefully they will be completed by early spring.
- She wished everyone good luck on finals!
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the general consent agenda, as attached.
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed.
- Associated Students Employee Compensation-Patty Rea, A.S. Human Resources Director, to present and propose annual full-time employee salary increases and part-time employee salary increases/revised Part-Time Salary Schedule as a result of minimum wage increase (Action) (Time Certain 4:30pm): It was moved and seconded to approve the Associated Students Employee Compensation.
- 16/17 Q1 Financial Report (Action) (Immediately following the Approval of the Agenda): It was moved and seconded to approve the 16/17 Q1 Financial Report.
- 2016 Fall Consolidated Rebudget (Action) (Time Certain immediately following VII.D): It was moved and seconded to approve the 2016 Fall Consolidated Rebudget.
- Proposed Changes to the Bylaws, Codes and Charters (Action) (Immediately following VII.E):
- #CA 16-01 Proposed Changes to the Structure
- #CA 16-02 Council Member Duties
- #CA 16-03 Elections Code
- #CA 16-04 Community Service Commission Charter
- #CA 16-05 Aztec Student Union Board Charter
- #CA 16-06 Sciences College Council Charter
- #CA 16-07 Arts and Letters College Council Charter
- #CA 16-08 Professional Studies and Fine Arts College Council Charter
It was moved and seconded to separate out #CA 16-01 Proposed Changes to the Structure and #CA 16-03 Elections Code.
It was moved and seconded to approve #CA 16-02 and #CA16-04 to #CA16-09.
It was moved and seconded to approve #CA 16-01 Proposed Changes to the Structure.
It was moved and seconded to table #CA 16-01 Proposed Changes to the Structure.
It was moved and seconded to approve #CA 16-03 Elections Code.
It was moved and seconded to amend the section regarding door to door campaigning to not be permitted between 9pm to 9am and during voting hours, and it is never permitted in the residence halls.
It was moved to remove the proposed section regarding unofficial poll sites. There were no objections.
The #CA 16-03 Elections Code was approved as amended. CARRIED
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members)
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS:
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: None.
- Executive Vice President: None.
- Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Vice President of University Affairs: None.
- Executive Director: None.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 7:00pm.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary