Wednesday, December 7, 2016 – 3:30 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Jamie Miller called the meeting to order at 3:36 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jamie Miller, Patty Masengale, Dylan Colliflower, Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Daniel Matlock, Chloe Sension, Mustafa Alemi, Michael Kagan, Alex Shapiro, Brie Hornig, Jordan Maharaj, Carmel Alon, Nick Elliott, Sarah Bentley, AhnaMia Maranon, Josh Skolnick, Troy Owens, Ozair Purmul, Imahn Moshksar, Daniel DeFever, Victor Uwakwe, Gass Hersi, Asha Abdirahim, Samantha Ledesma (late), Mitchell Frame, Amy Newell (late), Imani White, Shawn Tenny, Kyle Ruiz (late), Eran Bechor, Josh Miller, Anya Shutovska, Carlo Lacson, Natalie Martinez, McKinley Kane, Alessandra Casey, Alexis Alexander-Hood, Tagg Hurtubise, Curtis Copin, Meghan Andrade, Chris Thomas, Rachel Muntz, Joey Lucero, Shelah Ott, Marisa Cubing.
- Voting Members Absent: Dustin Pina, Arnelle Sambile, Christy Samarkos, Jessica Rentto, Kimberly Alli, Erin Gonzalez, Abel Mercado, Nicolai Mlodinow, Farris Nabulsi, Ben Delbick, Linsey Santos, Lauryn Davis, Ellen Rydell
- Non-Voting Members Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown, Dr. Cezar Ornatowski, Randy Timm.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: Vitaliano Figueroa.
- Visitors: None.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Campus Life Council meeting minutes of 11/30/16 and the University Council meeting minutes of 11/16/16, as attached.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- SDSU Vice President of Student Affairs Designee: None.
- University Senate Designee: Dr.Cezar Ornatowski reported on the following:
- Updated everyone on the Chancellor’s announcement to keep the tuition increase as an option in case the economy falls or the CSU receives less funds from the state.
- The UC, CSU and Community College systems have sent a letter to President-elect Trump to ask for protection of the Deferred Action for Childhood Arrivals (DACA).Chancellor White has sent a letter to President Hirshman to ask that the protection for undocumented students to be extended on campus and to avoid using the word “sanctuary”.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- Review of Fall 2016 Accomplishments: The Executive Officers as well as Campus Life Council Student-at-Larges, Alexis and Tagg, gave a presentation overview of all the accomplishments from the Fall semester and how all the initiatives align with the 2016-2017goals.
IX. REPORTS OF MEMBERS:
- Accomplishments and Goals of Members: Each representative from their perspective colleges, boards and commissions spoke about their accomplishments and goals that were achieved this semester and how they plan on improving for next semester.
(Time Certain 4:45pm): It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:45pm.
APPROVED BY: Jamie Miller, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary