Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, August 29, 2016 - 3:30pm
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Jamie Miller called the meeting to order at 3:34 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Jamie Miller, Patty Masengale, Dylan Colliflower, Chimezie Ebiriekwe, Daniel Matlock, Arnelle Sambile, Chloe Sension, Christy Samarkos, Dustin Pina, Mustafa Alemi (late), Michael Kagan.
- Voting Members Absent: Alex Shapiro, Jessica Rentto.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: Jordan Maharaj, SDSU Interim Police Chief Josh Mays.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 8/08/16, as attached.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: None.
- University President’s Designee: Christy Samarkos reported on the following:
- Congratulated everyone on a successful weekend full of memorable events. Introduced the San Diego State University Interim Police Chief, Josh Mays.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): None.
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed.
- Approval of the new Board of Directors’ meeting time (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the new Board of Directors’ meeting time at 3:30pm on every other Monday.
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members)
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Facilities Board: Meetings will be held on Mondays at 2pm.
- Financial Affairs Committee: Interviews started today.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: A.S. Livestreams have been very successful.
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: Jamie Miller reported on the following:
- Is in the process of updating the A.S. Leaders Survey from last year.
- Strengthfingers Gallup Survey results will be discussed next week.
- Reminded everyone to come on time.
- Updated Board of Directors on her top 3 priorities this year. A.S. App demo “Check I’m Here” will be on September 27th at 9:45am in Tehuanco. Jamie will be working with Student Support Commission to make sure Your Voice Matters Campaign is successful. Research and Assessment Committee will be meeting bi-weekly.
- Executive Vice President: Patty Masengale reported on the following:
- Thanked everyone for attending retreat.
- Fantastic Friday instead of Super Saturday this year.
- First home football game is this weekend.
- Polos are on their way!
- Aztec Nights were very successful.
- Vice President of External Relations: Dylan Colliflower reported on the following:
- Rock the Vote will be taking place this Fall.
- The College Area Community Council proposed a college area community ordinance.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Vice President of University Affairs: Chimezie Ebiriekwe reported on the following:
- Library Adhoc will be within University Affairs Board and will be led by Keagan Casey.
- Will be meeting with A.S. Chief of Staff, Zack Albrecht to assign representatives to the University Senate Taskforce.
- Tentative name for the Catering Initiative is No Food Wasted. Let Chimezie know if you are interested in attending the meeting.
- University Affairs Board meetings are on Fridays at 11am.
- Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
- Reminded everyone to complete the Strengthfinders Gallup Survey.
- Please see Janice for your BOD Student-at-Large emails.
- Christina is working with her staff to ensure that their goals align with A.S. goals for this year.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
(Time Certain 4:50pm to attend the One SDSU Kick-off in Montezuma Hall): It was moved and seconded to adjourn the meeting.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:55pm.