Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, April 25, 2016 - 4:00pm
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Blaire Ward called the meeting to order at 4:05 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carrillo, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Anthony Lee, Patty Masengale, Keagan Casey, Lorena Acosta, Sergio Cisneros, Trevor Yarnall, Jessica Rentto.
- Voting Members Absent: Tyler Aguilar, Christy Samarkos.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: Brenna Culliton, Carlos Careaga.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 4/18/16, as attached.
Anthony Lee made a friendly amendment to add his late report. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: Jessica Rentto reported on the following:
- Take Back the Week has started.
- University President’s Designee: None.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
- General Consent Report (Information): It was moved and seconded to approve the updated Appointments and Resignations, as attached.
- Approval of official A.S. check signers (Action): Carlos Careaga, Finance Director presented a memo of the signatures of Tom McCaron, SDSU Vice President for Business and Financial Affairs, Christina Brown, A.S. Executive Director and John Kolek, A.S. Associate Executive Director as the official signers for A.S.
It was moved and seconded to approve the official A.S. check signers.
- A.S 2015-2016 Spring Rebudget and 2016-2017 Consolidated Budgets (Action) (Time Certain 4:45pm): Carlos Careaga, Finance Director and Dominic Bilotti, Vice President of Financial Affairs presented the budgets and answered questions.
It was moved and seconded to approve the A.S 2015-2016 Spring Rebudget and 2016-2017 Consolidated budgets.
- Proposed Amendments to A.S. Bylaws, Codes and Charters (Action):
- #BA S16-01: Research and Assessment Committee
- #BA S16-02: Sustainability Commission Charter
- #BA S16-03: College of Business Council
- #BA S16-04: University Council
- #BA S16-05: Member Duties
- #BA S16-06: Student Diversity Commission
- #BA S16-07: Aztec Student Union Board
- #BA S16-08: Awards
- #BA S16-09: Campus Community Commission
It was moved and seconded to separate #BA S16-01: Research and Assessment Committee from the rest of the amendments.
It was moved and seconded to approve the proposed amendment #BA S16-01: Research and Assessment Committee.
Andrea Byrd made a friendly amendment to change “facilitate special projects to the RAC” to “facilitate special projects on behalf of the RAC” in section 5.04E. There were no objections. The amendment was accepted.
Keagan Casey moved to strike “all government leadership” in section 5.06 A.
Anthony Lee made a friendly amendment to add “and or” in front of events in section 5.06C. There were no objections. The amendment was accepted.
It was moved and seconded to add “as determined by BOD” after created by A.S. in section 5.06C.
It was moved and seconded to add “ultimately” to read as “as determined ultimately by BOD” in section 5.06C.
It was moved and seconded to strike section 5.07C.
Question was called. There were no objections.
The approval of #BA S16-01: Research and Assessment Committee failed as amended. FAILED, (3-6-1)
It was moved and seconded to approve the recommendations of the Judicial Affairs Council regarding proposed amendments #BA S16-02 to #BA S16-09.
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members)
- Approval of the Annual Evaluation of the Executive Director with responses (Action): It was moved and seconded to go into Closed Session.
Blaire Ward, A.S. President presented the annual evaluation of the Executive Director, Christina Brown to Board of Directors.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Annual Evaluation of the Executive Director with the Executive Director’s responses.
It was moved and seconded to move out of Closed Session.
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Commissioner election will be this Wednesday.
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: Blaire Ward reported on the following:
- Thanked everyone for an amazing year and all the hard work.
- Executive Vice President: Leo Carrillo reported on the following:
- Aztec Achievement Awards is this Thursday from 5-7pm.
- Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Vice President of University Affairs: Andrea Byrd reported on the following:
- Encouraged everyone to attend Aztec RAK Race on April 29th from 9:30-1pm.
- Take Back the Week is this week!
- Please help with It’s On Us campaign tabling if you have time.
- Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
- Updated everyone on the process of the student studio lounge with a letter from Joshua Vaughan, Aztec Student Union Board’s Vice Commissioner of Operations.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Patty Masengale reported on the following:
- New chair for Greefest is Linda Dawood.
- Out of the Darkness Walk is this Saturday from 10-10:30am.
- Keagan Casey reported on the following:
- Will be working to reinstate the Library Committee.
- Trevor Yarnall reported on the following:
- Greenfest Beer Garden wasn’t as expected. Students were not educated on local brewery and beer options were limited to only two. However, this is the first step and there will be improvements for next year.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:21 PM.