Associated Students | San Diego State University
Monday, April 18, 2016 - 4:00pm
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Blaire Ward called the meeting to order at 4:04 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carrillo, Dominic Bilotti, Tyler Aguilar, Andrea Byrd, Anthony Lee, Patty Masengale, Keagan Casey, Lorena Acosta, Christy Samarkos, Jessica Rentto.
- Voting Members Absent: Sergio Cisneros, Trevor Yarnall.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: Brenna Culliton, Daniel Matlock, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Carlos Careaga.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
Tyler Aguilar made a motion to add a 5:15 Time Certain for Proposed Amendments to A.S. Bylaws, Codes and Charters #BA S16-09: Campus Community Commission. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 4/11/16, as attached.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: Jessica Rentto reported on the following:
- Informed everyone that the faculty strike is cancelled. An agreement has been proposed.
- Encouraged everyone to attend the Take Back the Week events.
- University President’s Designee: Christy Samarkos reported on the following:
- The university has started to review the results and created working group to analyze the responses from the Diversity Campus Climate Survey.
- A.S. Leaders Survey Results-Blaire Ward and Anthony Lee: Anthony Lee gave a presentation on the statistics gathered from the A.S. Leaders Survey and discussed how this survey can be improved for next year.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): None.
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed, as attached.
- A.S. 2015-2016 Spring Rebudget and 2016-2017 Consolidated Budgets (Information) (Time Certain 4:45pm): Carlos Careaga, Finance Director and Dominic Bilotti, VP of Financial Affairs presented the budgets to Board of Directors and answered questions about them.
- Proposed Amendments to A.S. Bylaws, Codes and Charters (Information): Chief Justice, Brenna Culliton reviewed and explained Judicial Affairs Council’s decisions on the amendments. Daniel Matlock, Campus Community Commissioner, spoke about #BA S16-09: Campus Community Commission.
- #BA S16-01: Research and Assessment Committee
- #BA S16-02: Sustainability Commission Charter
- #BA S16-03: College of Business Council
- #BA S16-04: University Council
- #BA S16-05: Member Duties
- #BA S16-06: Student Diversity Commission
- #BA S16-07: Aztec Student Union Board
- #BA S16-08: Awards
- #BA S16-09: Campus Community Commission (Time Certain 5:15pm)
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members)
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS:
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: None.
- Executive Vice President: None.
- Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Vice President of University Affairs: Andrea Byrd reported on the following:
- Aztec RAK Race will be on April 29th from 9:30-1pm. Please sign up!
- Executive Director: None.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Patty Masengale reported on the following:
- Buy your Greenfest concert ticket!!
- Anthony Lee reported on the following:
- Encouraged everyone to read the revised charter for the Research and Assessment Committee.
- Reported that his amendment to add a 250 minimum word reflection to the diversity requirement, and the amendment to require every UC representative to sit on at least one University Senate committee were passed in JAC today.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:15 PM.