SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
Monday, April 11, 2016 – 4:00 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Blaire Ward called the meeting to order at 4:04 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carrillo, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Anthony Lee, Trevor Yarnall, Patty Masengale, Keagan Casey, Lorena Acosta, Christy Samarkos.
- Voting Members Absent: Sergio Cisneros, Jessica Rentto, Tyler Aguilar.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Linh Phan, Christina Brown.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: Vanessa Girard, Chloe Sension, Brenna Culliton, Joey Lucero.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
Keagan Casey made a motion to add a 4:15 Time Certain for Proposed Amendments to A.S. Bylaws, Codes and Charters. There were no objections.
The agenda was approved as amended.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 3/07/16, as attached.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: None.
- University President’s Designee: Christy Samarkos reported on the following:
- Jessica had another appointment therefore cannot be here today. However, she wanted to inform everyone that the strike will not happen.
- Encouraged everyone to end the year strong and take care of their health.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the general consent agenda, as attached.
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed, as attached.
- Proposed Amendments to A.S. Bylaws, Codes and Charters (Information) (Time Certain 4:15pm) : Chief Justice, Brenna Culliton reviewed all the proposed amendments to Board of Directors.
- Transition Binder Update (Information): Joey Lucero, Campus Life Council Student-at-Large representative updated Board of Directors with a list of to-dos for the transition binders.
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members)
- Presentation of the Annual Evaluation of the Executive Director (Action): It was moved and seconded to change Action item A. Presentation of the Annual Evaluation of the Executive Director to an Information item.
It was moved and seconded to move into Closed Session.
A.S. President, Blaire Ward reported on the evaluation of the Executive Director, Christina Brown. It was moved and seconded to move out of Closed Session.
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Financial Affairs Committee: Approved the entire 2016-2017 A.S. consolidated budget.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: Is helping with the Voter Registration Campaign.
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: Blaire Ward reported on the following:
- Let Blaire know if you would like to help her with the Multi-year Project.
- Aztec Achievement Awards will be on April 28th.
- The Muslim Student Association had requested to meet with Blaire and Dr.Timm regarding the demands in May due to a hectic schedule this month.
- Will be meeting Arnelle Sambile, Student Diversity Commissioner to discuss the MultiCultural Coalition demands.
- Executive Vice President: Leo Carrillo reported on the following:
- Aztec Achievement Awards Committee is finalizing decorations for the event.
- Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Vice President of University Affairs: Andrea Byrd reported on the following:
- There will be a special meeting on April 20th to vote on the resolution.
- Aztec RAK Race will be on April 29th from 9:30-1pm. Sign up link is now available.
- Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
- Introduced the new Associate Director of Programs and Marketing, Steve DiPaolo.
- Reminded everyone that there will be a Board of Directors meeting next week.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Anthony Lee reported on the following:
- Anthony and Blaire will present the results from the A.S. Leaders Survey at next Board of Directors meeting.
- Expressed how encouraging it is to see how many people applied to be the next Board of Directors and Justices.
- Keagan Casey reported on the following:
- He and Trevor had the opportunity to interview the candidates for the Associate Vice President for Academic Affairs.
- Started to meet with Board of Directors candidates.
- Trevor Yarnall reported on the following:
- Apologized for missing the Campus Life Council meeting last week. He had a talk with a Native American student on the lack of representation of their culture on campus.
- Patty Masengale reported on the following:
- Greenfest is next week!! There are still tickets left.
The meeting was adjourned at 5:36 PM.
APPROVED BY: Blaire Ward, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary