SAN DIEGO STATE UNIVERSITY
BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEETING MINUTES
Monday, March 7, 2016 – 4:00 PM
Council Chambers, Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Blaire Ward called the meeting to order at 4:06 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carrillo (late), Tyler Aguilar(late), Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd (late), Anthony Lee, Trevor Yarnall, Patty Masengale (left early), Keagan Casey, Lorena Acosta, Jessica Rentto,
- Voting Members Absent: Sergio Cisneros.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Christina Brown, Linh Phan, Dr. Randy Timm for Christy Samarkos.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: Vanessa Girard, Carlos Careaga, Tracy Blakemore, Abigail Hudson, Jennifer Esquivel-Parker, Cathie Atkins, Paul Minifee, Suzanne Finch, Jose Muguerza.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 2/22/16, as attached.
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: None.
- University President’s Designee: Dr. Randy Timm for Christy Samarkos, University President’s designee, reported on the following:
- Informed everyone that he is here if anyone has any updates, questions, comments or concerns regarding the student demands that were presented at Chancellor White’s open forum.
- Senate Review Discussion (Time Certain 5:00pm): The Senate Audit Committee spoke with and asked questions regarding A.S.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION
- General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the general consent agenda, as attached. ACOSTA/YARNALL CARRIED
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed, as attached.
- Tax Filing Review (Information): Carlos Carreaga, Director of Finance and Tracy Blakemore, Accounting Manager reviewed the tax filing process.
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members)
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Facilities Board: Will be going over two action items, Scripps Cottage renovations and the budget for 2016-2017.
- Financial Affairs Committee: Will be putting together budgets for next year for A.S boards and commissions.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: MarComm is working on elections and AAAs.
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: Blaire Ward reported on the following:
- Attended Student Diversity Commission meeting to discuss the student demands.
- Reminded everyone to please complete the 360s.
- Executive Vice President: None.
- Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Vice President of University Affairs: None.
- Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
- She is very excited about the Union Director hiring process now that it is narrowed down to two candidates.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Keagan Casey reported on the following:
- He will meet with Dean Etschmaier, Dean of the Library to discuss accommodations and how accessible the library is for students.
- Lorena Acosta reported on the following:
- Met with Joey Lucero, Campus Life Council Student-at-Large to help him with the transition binders project.
- Patty Masengale reported on the following:
- She is still working on finalizing the Greenfest artist.
- Aztecs Rock will be tomorrow at 6pm in Montezuma Hall! Please come out and support.
The meeting was adjourned at 6:02 PM.
APPROVED BY: Blaire Ward, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary