Monday, February 8, 2016 – 4:00 PM
Council Chambers • Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union
I. CALL TO ORDER
A.S. President, Blaire Ward called the meeting to order at 4:06 PM in the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
II. ROLL CALL
- Voting Members Present: Blaire Ward, Leo Carrillo, Dominic Bilotti, Andrea Byrd, Anthony Lee, Trevor Yarnall, Patty Masengale, Keagan Casey, Lorena Acosta, Jessica Rentto, Christy Samarkos.
- Voting Members Absent: Tyler Aguilar, Sergio Cisneros.
- Non-Voting Members Present: Christina Brown, Linh Phan.
- Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
- Visitors: None.
III. APPROVAL OF AGENDA
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting. ACOSTA/LEE CARRIED
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 1/25/16, as attached. MASENGALE/BYRD CARRIED
V. PUBLIC COMMENT: None.
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS:
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee: Jessica Rentto, Vice President of Business and Financial Affairs Designee, reported on the following:
- Destination SDSU project was approved at Board of Trustees meeting.
- California Faculty Association has announced strike dates on April 13th-15th and 18th-19th.
- University President’s Designee: None.
VII. ITEMS FOR CONSIDERATION:
- General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the general consent agenda, as attached. LEE/MASENGALE CARRIED
- General Consent Report (Information): The general consent report was reviewed, as attached.
- Confirmation of BOD Appointments and Review Committee member (Action): It was moved and seconded to appoint Keagan Casey to be the Board of Directors representative on the Appointments and Review Committee. MASENGALE/CARRILLO CARRIED
- A.S. Fulltime employee compensation (Action) presented by Patty Rea, H.R. Director (Time Certain 5:00pm): Christina Brown, Executive Director, presented the A.S. Fulltime employee compensation on behalf of Patty Rea. It was moved and seconded to approve the A.S. Fulltime employee compensation. YARNALL/ACOSTA CARRIED
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Non-Members): None.
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS:
- Financial Affairs Committee: FAC approved the graduation magazine this past meeting. The committee will be focusing on budget deliberations.
- Marketing and Communications Committee: The Run for A.S video received a lot of positive feedback. MarComm is looking to create another video with the state report team.
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS:
- President: Blaire Ward reported on the following:
- Know Your A.S Leaders campaign is doing well! Let Blaire know if you have any feedback.
- She is working with Anthony Lee, Patty Masengale, and Sergio Cisneros on a survey.
- Executive Vice President: Leo Carrillo reported on the following:
- The Aztec Achievement Awards meeting time is at 7pm on Monday.
- Encouraged everyone to support Aztecs athletics by going out to basketball games!
- Aztecs Mentor Program applications are due this Friday.
- Vice President of External Relations: None.
- Vice President of Financial Affairs: None.
- Vice President of University Affairs: Andrea Byrd reported on the following:
- College Councils Expo starts tomorrow!
- Nobel Laureate Richard Schrock will be coming on April 6th and 7th!
- Executive Director: Christina Brown reported on the following:
- Updated everyone on being AOA president. She is working on open meeting transparency for non-A.S auxiliaries.
- Student lounge is coming into place! New color scheme: red, black and teal.
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS:
- Keagan Casey reported on the following:
- Employee paperwork will be online from now on. Great to see the university on the same page with the A.S vision of sustainability.
- Lorena Acosta reported on the following:
- Will be meeting with ASUB, Community Service Commission and SDC soon to discuss goals for this semester.
- Patty Masengale reported on the following:
- Talked about the difference between commissioner and reps. to her commissions.
- DamNation with OneSDSU was very successful!
- Aztecs Rock is next week.
- Trevor Yarnall reported on the following:
- Met with the Craft Beer Coordinator of Oggi’s for Greenfest’s beer garden.
- Will be meeting with his commissions to discuss transitioning for next year.
- Anthony Lee reported on the following:
- Brought back questions from the Diversity, Equity, and Outreach senate committee on legal services A.S might provide for study abroad for undocumented students. He will follow up with the committee to get more clarification on the information requested.
- Attended the execs team meeting and updated everyone on the timeline of development of the SDSU App.
- Meet with Dr. Robyn Adams, Associate Director of Student Life & Leadership to update her on the peer involvement program that he is creating.
- He will be meeting with a professor from Art 541 to discuss the implementation of a curriculum where graphic students can take student organizations as clients.
The meeting was adjourned at 4:58 PM.
APPROVED BY: Blaire Ward, A.S. President
PREPARED BY: Linh Phan, A.S. Government Secretary