A.S. President, J. Cole called the meeting to order at 4:00 PM at the Council Chambers at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union.
A. Voting Members Present: J. Cole, Kevin Hancock, Jacqueline Karczewski, Alex Padua, Keagan Casey, Maneet Deol, Alexandria Johnstone, Marilyn Martinez, Kyle Murphy, Jessica Rentto, Christy Samarkos.
B. Voting Members Absent: Corey Polant.
C. Non-Voting Members Present: Clarice Mendoza, Christina Brown.
D. Non-Voting Members Absent: None.
E. Visitors: Erik Tamiyasu, Emily Barnes, Kristin Lahaszow.
It was moved and seconded to approve the agenda for today’s meeting.
Alex Padua made a friendly amendment to add a presentation by representatives from Coaching Corp, Kristin Lahaszow and Emily Barnes, as Item C under University Reports and Presentations with a time certain at 4:15 PM. Alex Padua made a friendly amendment to add a Judicial Affairs Council update by Justice Erik Tamiyasu, as Item D under University Reports and Presentations with a time certain at 4:05 PM.
It was moved and seconded to approve the Board of Directors meeting minutes of 11/3/14, as attached.
A. Business and Financial Affairs Designee: No report.
B. University President’s Designee: Christy Samarkos, Interim Associate Vice President for Campus Life, reported on the following:
C. Coaching Corps Presentation: Kristin Lahaszow and Emily Barnes from Coaching Corps, reported on the following:
D. Judicial Affairs Council Update: Justice, Erik Tamiyasu, reported on the following:
A. General Consent Agenda (Action): It was moved and seconded to approve the General Consent Agenda, as attached.
B. General Consent Report (Information): The General Consent Report was reviewed via electronic copy. For further reference please request a full agenda copy from the Government Secretary.
SC. election of Review of Executive Director Working Group Members (Action): It was moved and seconded to add every ASBOD member to the Review of Executive Director working group.
D. Bylaw Amendments (Information): The Board of Directors members agreed to review the bylaw amendments outside of the ASBOD meeting in preparation for taking action on the amendments at the 12/1 ASBOD meeting.
A. President: J. Cole reported on the following:
B. Executive Vice President: Kevin Hancock reported on the following:
1. Kevin is now the chair of the Aztec Gaming Experience working group. The first meeting was last Wednesday. The group will focus on the experience Aztecs have at sporting events and how they can be improved.
2. The artist for GreenFest 2015 has been confirmed! Come to the Artist Showcase tonight to come and watch the candidates for the GreenFest student opening act.
3. The first day of the Aztec Proud Campaign launch was today. More than 70 students have signed up.
4. This past weekend, the executive officers went to Boise to watch the Aztecs vs. Broncos game.
5. Come to the A.S. tailgate before the football game at Qualcomm this Friday!
6. Kevin and Christina have been meeting with students concerned about transgender needs in the facilities across the SDSU campus. Short-term and long-term solutions are being discussed, specifically changes to Aztec Recreation facilities.
C. Vice President of External Relations: Jacqueline Karczewski reported on the following:
1. Career Services will be attending External Relations Board this week.
2. Regular postings are being made on the A.S. LinkedIn.
3. The Sexual Violence Prevention Task Force will be hosting two campus forums about sexual violence on Wednesday, November 19. There will be a session from 11:00-12:30 PM and another session from 2:00-3:30 PM. These forums will be held in Montezuma Hall at the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union. An e-mail has been send out to the university about the forums.
D. Vice President of Financial Affairs: Alex Padua reported on the following:
1. The Aztecs Rock Hunger ceremony will be tomorrow in the Lee & Frank Goldberg Courtyard at 11 AM.
2. Men’s basketball will be having a game tomorrow at 1 PM in Viejas Arena.
E. Vice President of University Affairs: No report.
F. Executive Director: No report.
A. Maneet Deol reported on the following:
B. Marc Hess reported on the following:
C. Alexandria Johnstone reported on the following:
D. Marilyn Martinez reported on the following:
The meeting was adjourned at 5:22 PM.