February 11, 2019
Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union,
Council Chambers – 3:30 PM
I. CALL TO ORDER
II. ROLL CALL
Please use this moment to take your cell phones out and ensure they are off or on silent mode. Use of cell phones during A.S. Board of Director meetings, including text messaging, is a distraction and therefore not encouraged.
III. APROVAL OF THE AGENDA
IV. APPROVAL OF PREVIOUS MINUTES
V. PUBLIC COMMENT
This time allotted to hear from any member of the public who wishes to speak. Interested person(s) must submit a completed Communications Request Form to the Government Secretary prior to the start of the meeting. Forms are available at the rear of the meeting room or from the Secretary. Each public comment is limited to five minutes or less as determined by the Chair, and to matters which are proper areas for discussion or action by the A.S. Board of Directors.
VI. UNIVERSITY REPORTS AND PRESENTATIONS
- Business and Financial Affairs Designee
- University President's Designee
- General Consent Agenda (Action) - The General Consent Agenda is composed of recommendations from Financial Affairs Committee, Facilities Committee, Marketing and Communications, and Audit Committee. Most items contained within the general consent agenda are considered routine in nature and can therefore be approved in one motion unless a director identifies a particular item that he/she deems necessary for the Board of Directors to act on separately.
- General Consent Report (Information) - The General Consent Report is composed of the minutes from the meetings of each of the A.S. Councils, commissions, committees and boards and is included on this agenda for information. Action on individual items is taken only when the Board deems it necessary by a majority vote. Reports are limited to important information and action items from these minutes.
VIII. CLOSED SESSION (Closed to Members) - None.
- A.S. Claims Review (Information)- Patty Rea, Associate Executive Director & Raven Tyson, HR & Risk Manager (Time Certain 4:30)
IX. BOARD OF DIRECTORS COMMITTEE REPORTS
- Audit Committee
- Facilities Committee
- Financial Affairs Committee
- Marketing & Communications Committee
X. EXECUTIVE REPORTS
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President of External Relations
- Vice President of Financial Affairs
- Vice President of University Affairs
- Executive Director
XI. REPORTS OF BOARD OF DIRECTORS MEMBERS
NOTICE OF THE NEXT REGULAR MEETING: The next regular A.S. Board of Directors meeting will February 25 at 3:30pm in the Council Chambers, third floor of the Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union. If there are any questions regarding this agenda, please contact the Government Secretary at (619) 594-6555. This information is available in alternative formats upon request. To request an agenda in Braille or cassette, or to request a sign language interpreter for the meeting, call A.S. Union Programs & Services at (619) 594-5278 at least ten (10) working days prior to the meeting to ensure availability. Assistive Listening Devices (ALD’s) are available for the meeting upon request.