Diversity Commissioner (Volunteer Position)
The Diversity Commissioner is an unpaid, volunteer student leadership position and is responsible for fostering understanding within Associated Students and the University, in collaboration the University Chief Diversity Officer and the Director of the Cross Cultural Center, and in consultation with the A.S. President, of diverse peoples and backgrounds.
- Will serve on the A.S. Multi Cultural Caucus as the A.S. President’s Designee
- Will serve on the Cross Cultural Center Advisory Board
- Will produce an annual A.S. Diversity Report
- Will attend all President’s Cabinet meetings and retreats
- Will make regular reports to the President’s Cabinet
- Will make weekly reports to the A.S. Council
- Will assist in other duties as assigned, by the A.S. President and the President’s Cabinet Chief of Staff
Under the direct supervision of the Chief of Staff and responsible to the A.S. President.
Education: Must be regularly enrolled SDSU student, carrying at least six units per semester.
Experience: Proficiency in Microsoft Word required. Have excellent writing and communication skills PC proficient – Microsoft Office, Excel, PowerPoint, internet and other database systems preferred.
Special Considerations: Ability to work well with people. Knowledge of the Associated Students and SDSU campus is an asset, especially in relation to student recruitment of diverse students. Highly organized individual with keen written and verbal skills and exceptional attention to details. Ability to work in a diverse, frequently changing population of students. Able to work well with little supervision. Have an understanding of diverse cultures and groups. Should have or had membership in at least one (1) non-managed cultural student organization.
Volunteer, Unpaid Position