A student must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be eligible to be a candidate or applicant for elected or appointed voting office in the Associated Students Board of Directors (ASBOD), A.S. Campus Life Council (ASCLC), A.S. University Council (ASUC) or A.S. Judicial Affairs Council (ASJAC):
- Must be an enrolled student at San Diego State University
- Must not be on any academic, disciplinary or administrative probation of any kind.
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average, and a 2.5 grade point average for the semester prior to candidacy.
- Candidates for office must have been enrolled on the SDSU campus for one semester prior to the election or appointment, earning a total of at least six (6) semester units during that semester. New graduate students who received a bachelor's degree or credential within the past three years from SDSU, must have earned a total of at least twelve (12) semester units during their last year as an undergraduate to be eligible.
- Any student elected or appointed to a voting position on the AS Board of Directors, ASCLC, ASUC or ASJAC must successfully complete a minimum of six (6) units per semester, continue to maintain a 2.5 GPA for all individual semesters they are in office, and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Coursework completed through the SDSU Global Campus, including summer and winter session, or at other institutions may not be used to satisfy the semesterly unit load and grade point requirements.
- Coursework for which a grade of "Incomplete," "No Credit," "F," or "U," are recorded or classes numbered 1-99 shall not count toward the minimum semesterly unit load.
- Any students elected or appointed to a voting position on the AS Board of Directors, ASCLC, ASUC or ASJAC must have their eligibility verified before officially being declared a candidate and before officially taking office.
Declaration of Major
Candidates and incumbents for college-specific seats must have a declared major appropriate to that college or the category of undeclared/unclassified majors as defined by the University prior to being a candidate for their respective college. In the event that an ASUC representative of the undeclared/unclassified majors declares a major, the representative will continue to serve until the next general election. When a representative with a declared major changes their major to a different college, the positions will be vacated and filled in accordance with the provisions of the bylaws.
All times are PDT
|January 29||Friday||8:00 a.m.||Request for applications for General Elections for all elected positions on the A.S. Board of Directors, Campus Life Council and University Council available on as.sdsu.edu/elections|
|February 9||Tuesday||3:00 p.m.||Prospective Candidates’ Workshop via Zoom|
|February 10||Wednesday||9:00 a.m.||Prospective Candidates’ Workshop via Zoom|
|February 19||Friday||4:00 p.m.||Deadline to submit completed candidate application via Google Form
Candidate statement deadline. Optional 125 word candidate statement for publication. Candidates MUST submit statement per specific instructions in application packet or statement will not be accepted.
|February 22||Monday||8:00 a.m.||Request for Write-in candidate applications available on as.sdsu.edu/elections|
|February 23||Tuesday||5:00-6:00 p.m.||Candidates Mandatory Meeting #1 via Zoom|
|February 24||Wednesday||8:00-9:00 a.m.||Candidates Mandatory Meeting #2 via Zoom|
|February 25||Thursday||TBD||Appeal hearings for disqualified candidates. (Disqualified candidates must make appeal appointment with Elections Committee Advisor – email@example.com). Drawing for ballot positions via Zoom. After the ballot selection, the filing process and procedures are complete.|
|March 12||Friday||4:30 p.m.||Earliest Time to Begin Open Campaigning|
|March 15-18||Mon.-Thurs.||TBD||Executive Officer Candidate Debates|
|March 15-19||Mon.-Fri.||TBD||Candidate Mixers|
|March 19||Friday||12:00 p.m.||Write-in candidate applications due via Google Form|
|March 22-25||Mon.-Thurs.||8:00 a.m.||GENERAL ELECTIONS – VOTING CLOSES AT 7:00 p.m.|
|March 25||Thursday||Approx. 9 p.m.||Elections Results Announced|
|March 29||Monday||12:00 p.m.||Deadline for all candidates to submit campaign expenditure statements electronically (Google Form)|
|April 1||Thursday||9:00 a.m.||Campaign expenditure statements open to public.|
|April 8||Thursday||5:00 p.m.||Hearing for violations of expenditure statement requirements and approval of elections results.|
|April 12||Monday||9:00 a.m.||A.S. Judicial Affairs Council approval of election results.|
|May 5||Wednesday||5:30 p.m.||2021-22 appointed and elected A.S. leaders sworn-in|