A student must meet the following eligibility requirements in order to be eligible to be a candidate or applicant for elected or appointed voting office in the Associated Students Board of Directors (ASBOD), A.S. Campus Life Council (ASCLC), A.S. University Council (ASUC) or A.S. Judicial Affairs Council (ASJAC):
- Must be an enrolled student at San Diego State University
- Must not be on any academic, disciplinary or administrative probation of any kind.
- Must have a 2.5 cumulative grade point average, and a 2.5 grade point average for the semester prior to candidacy.
- Candidates for office must have been enrolled on the SDSU campus for one semester prior to the election or appointment, earning a total of at least six (6) semester units during that semester. New graduate students who received a bachelor's degree or credential within the past three years from SDSU, must have earned a total of at least twelve (12) semester units during their last year as an undergraduate to be eligible.
- Any student elected or appointed to a voting position on the AS Board of Directors, ASCLC, ASUC or ASJAC must successfully complete a minimum of six (6) units per semester, continue to maintain a 2.5 GPA for all individual semesters they are in office, and maintain a cumulative GPA of 2.5.
- Coursework completed through the SDSU Global Campus, including summer and winter session, or at other institutions may not be used to satisfy the semesterly unit load and grade point requirements.
- Coursework for which a grade of "Incomplete," "No Credit," "F," or "U," are recorded or classes numbered 1-99 shall not count toward the minimum semesterly unit load.
- Any students elected or appointed to a voting position on the AS Board of Directors, ASCLC, ASUC or ASJAC must have their eligibility verified before officially being declared a candidate and before officially taking office.
Declaration of Major
Candidates and incumbents for college-specific seats must have a declared major appropriate to that college or the category of undeclared/unclassified majors as defined by the University prior to being a candidate for their respective college. In the event that an ASUC representative of the undeclared/unclassified majors declares a major, the representative will continue to serve until the next general election. When a representative with a declared major changes their major to a different college, the positions will be vacated and filled in accordance with the provisions of the bylaws.
All times are PDT
|January 29||Friday||8:00 a.m.||Request for applications for all appointed positions the A.S. Board of Directors, Campus Life Council and Judicial Affairs Council and others available on as.sdsu.edu/elections|
|April 20||Tuesday||4:00 p.m.||Deadline to submit applications for appointed positions via Google Form|
|April 26-30||Mon-Fri||All Day||Commissions vote for 2021-2022 Commissioners|
|April 30||Friday||9:00 a.m.||Judicial Affairs Council mtg. to approve appointments|
|May 3||Monday||TBD||Judicial Affairs Council mtg. to approves appointments (if needed)|
|May 3||Monday||3:30 p.m.||Board of Directors approve all appointments|
|May 5||Wednesday||5:30 p.m.||2021-22 appointed and elected A.S. leaders sworn-in|