There are endless ways to pave the way for a sustainable future while being on campus despite being busy college students. Some great resources for being a sustainable SDSU student include:
- Getting involved! Join Green Love, E3, or Green Fest
- Attend any events hosted by Green Love, E3 or Green Fest
- Take sustainability or environmental related courses
- Choose to eat vegetarian on campus--it reduces your carbon footprint!
- Utilizing the recycling and waste bins dispersed throughout campus
- Bringing reusable bags when purchasing items at the SDSU Bookstore and Aztec Markets
- Using a refillable water bottle and the hydration stations provided across campus
- Majoring in Sustainability if you’re looking to dedicate your career to the movement
The most valuable thing an individual in the community can do to reduce their own carbon footprint. Think:
- Swapping out meat for vegetarian options
- Using public transportation
- Switching out your light bulbs to LEDs
- Growing your own garden
- Composting and recycling your waste
- Upcycling where possible
- Write letters to your representatives asking them to support environmental legislation
- Attend sustainability conferences
- Volunteer at community events
- Attend local cultural events to better understand other communities
Also, spread the word!
You are doing a wonderful thing for Planet Earth and others will want to follow your lead.