You are encouraged to run in the A.S. elections or apply for an appointed position!
Being an A.S. student leader is a rewarding way to serve your fellow students. The responsibilities require a great deal of time and commitment. A.S. leadership offers a unique way to build relationships, develop professionally, have fun, share your ideas and make a difference in the lives of SDSU students.
A.S. elections are March 23-26, 2020 and voting occurs on the SDSU WebPortal.
This page will continue to be updated with information, so be sure to check back regularly.
If you have a question but do not see the answer here, contact the A.S. Elections Coordinator at 619-594-6555 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
The A.S. leadership positions available are:
To be a candidate on the ballot, you must submit your application to the A.S. Office,
third floor of the Aztec Student Union by 4pm on Thursday, February 20.
- A.S. Executive Officers
- Executive Vice President
- Vice President of External Relations
- Vice President of Financial Affairs
- Vice President of University Affairs
- University Council
- College of Arts and Letters Representative - 3 positions
- College of Business Representative - 4 positions
- College of Education Representative - 2 positions
- College of Engineering Representative - 3 positions
- College of Health and Human Services Representative - 3 positions
- College of Professional Studies and Fine Arts Representative - 3 positions
- College of Sciences Representative - 4 positions
- Undeclared/Unclassified Studies Representative - 1 position
- Graduate Student Association President - 1 position
- Campus Life Council
- Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union Board Representative
- Community Service Commission Representative
- Recreation and Wellness Commission Representative
- Sustainability Commission Representative
- Student Diversity Commission Representative
- Student Support Commission Representative
- Campus Community Commission Representative
- Student-at-Large Representative - 2 positions
Appointed Seat Positions
applications due by 4pm on Friday, April 9.
- A.S. Board of Directors
- Student-at-large - 6 positions
- A.S. Campus Life Council
- Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union Board Commissioner
- Campus Community Commissioner
- Community Service Commissioner
- Recreation and Wellness Commissioner
- Sustainability Commissioner
- Student Diversity Commissioner
- Student Support Commissioner
- Marketing and Communications Commissioner
- A.S. Judicial Affairs Council
- Chief Justice
- Justice - 6 positions
Here are important dates to note. Please refer to the full Elections Schedule 2020
- Fri. January 31: Applications for elected and appointed seat positions available on as.sdsu.edu/elections
- 3pm, Mon. February 10: Prospective Candidate Workshop, Legacy Suite, 3rd floor, Aztec Student Union
- 9am, Tues. February 11: Prospective Candidate Workshop, Legacy Suite, 3rd floor, Aztec Student Union
- By 4 pm, Thurs. February 20: Applications for elected positions due in the A.S. Office
- Starting 4:30pm, Fri. March 13: Campaigning begins
- Mon.-Thurs. March 23-26: A.S. ELECTIONS - Vote on SDSU Web Portal
- By 4 pm, Fri. April 16: Applications for appointed seat positions due in the A.S. Office
All candidates and applicants will have their eligibility confirmed as part of the process. To be a candidate or applicant, students must meet the following eligibility requirements:
- Must be a current enrolled student registered in a minimum of six (6) units
- Must have successfully completed a minimum of six units the Fall 2019 semester
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA, both cumulatively and for the Fall 2019 semester
- Must not be on any academic or judicial probation
- For University Council representatives, candidates must be currently enrolled in the college for which they are a candidate
The primary duty of all student leaders is to serve as an engaged voice for the students of SDSU and participate in shared governance. This can include but is not limited to outreach, advocacy, attending meetings, coordinating open forums, and sending out regular updates.
Additional overall duties include:
- This is a one year commitment. The term of service is May 2020 through May 2021. Student leaders are expected to be present through the end of their term.
- Attending all the meetings of the Board, Council, Commissions and College Councils the student leader serves.
- Participate in outreach on behalf of A.S.
- Attend a meeting of a recognized student organization other than one the student leader is a member and at minimum, once a semester, attend a cultural event of a group other than one the student leader identifies with
- Complete SOCIA training
- Serve on a University Senate Committee
- Attend the mandatory three-day retreat (August 16-18, 2020) and the one day retreat at the start of the spring semester
- Attend events as requested