Being an A.S. student leader demands a great deal of time, and commitment and it proves to be very rewarding; a great way to develop professionally and a lot of fun!
This page will continue to be updated with information, so be sure to check back on a regular basis. If you have a question but don’t see the answer here, contact the A.S. Elections Coordinator at 619 594 6555 or at email@example.com
All candidates and applicants will have their eligibility confirmed as part of the process. To be a candidate or applicant the following must be met:
- Must be a currently enrolled student carrying at least six units
- Must have successfully completed a minimum of six units the previous semester
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA, both cumulatively and for the Fall 2016 semester
- Must not be on any academic or judicial probation
- For University Council representatives, candidates must be currently enrolled in the college for which they are a candidate
- The primary duty of all student leaders is to serve as the voice for the students of SDSU and participating in shared governance. This can include but not limited to outreach, advocacy, attending meetings, open forums, sending out regular updates, etc. Student leaders set their own goals and create the plan for achieving those goals.
Other overall duties include:
- Attending all the meetings of the Board, Council, Commissions and College Councils the student leader serves
- Participate in tabling on behalf of A.S.
- Attend a meeting of an organization other than one the student leader is a member
- Attend a cultural event of a group other than one the student leader identifies with
- Complete SOCIA training
- Read Student Bill of Rights and Bylaws for more information about duties and responsibilities
- Review individual Charters of the Campus Life Council Commissions
- Review individual Charters of the University Council College Councils