Being an A.S. student heart-led leader is a rewarding way to serve your fellow students. The responsibilities require a great deal of time and commitment. A.S. leadership offers a unique way to build relationships, develop professionally, have fun and most importantly, to leave your heartprint at SDSU.
Spring semester at SDSU means A.S. elections! A.S. elections are March 25-28, 2019 on the SDSU WebPortal.
This page will continue to be updated with information, so be sure to check back on a regular basis. If you have a question but do not see the answer here, contact the A.S. Elections Coordinator at 619-594-6555 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
Appointed Seat Positions:
applications due: on Thursday, April 18, at 4pm
- A.S. Board of Directors
- Student-at-large - 6 positions
- A.S. Campus Life Council
- Conrad Prebys Aztec Student Union Board Commissioner
- Campus Community Commissioner
- Community Service Commissioner
- Recreation and Wellness Commissioner
- Sustainability Commissioner
- Student Diversity Commissioner
- Student Support Commissioner
- A.S. Judicial Affairs Council
- Chief Justice
- Justice - 6 positions
- Marketing and Communications Commissioner
Here are important dates to note. Please refer to the full Elections 2019 Schedule at the top of the webpage.
- Fri. March 22: Applications for write-in candidates due in the A.S. Office, 12pm
- Mon.-Thurs. March 25-28: A.S. ELECTIONS - Vote on SDSU Web Portal
- Thurs. April 18: Applications for appointed seat positions due in the A.S. Office, 4pm
All candidates and applicants will have their eligibility confirmed as part of the process. To be a candidate or applicant the following must be met:
- Must be a currently enrolled student carrying at least six units
- Must have successfully completed a minimum of six units the Fall 2018 semester
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA, both cumulatively and for the Fall 2018 semester
- Must not be on any academic or judicial probation
- For University Council representatives, candidates must be currently enrolled in the college for which they are a candidate
The primary duty of all student leaders is to serve as the voice for the students of SDSU and participating in shared governance. This can include but not limited to outreach, advocacy, attending meetings, open forums, sending out regular updates, etc. Student leaders set their own goals and create the plan for achieving those goals.
- Other overall duties include:
- This is a one year commitment. The term of service is May 2019 through Spring 2020.
- Attending all the meetings of the Board, Council, Commissions and College Councils the student leader serves
- Participate in outreach on behalf of A.S.
- Attend a meeting of a recognized student organization other than one the student leader is a member
- Attend a cultural event of a group other than one the student leader identifies with
- Complete SOCIA training
- Read Student Bill of Rights and Bylaws for more information about duties and responsibilities
- Review individual Charters of the Campus Life Council Commissions
- Review Charters of the University Council College Councils