Being an A.S. student leader demands a great deal of time, and commitment and it proves to be very rewarding; a great way to develop professionally and a lot of fun!
This page will continue to be updated with information, so be sure to check back on a regular basis. If you have a question but don’t see the answer here, contact the A.S. Office at 619-594-6555 or at firstname.lastname@example.org
All candidates and applicants will have their eligibility confirmed as part of the process. To be a candidate or applicant the following must be met:
- Must be a currently enrolled student carrying at least six units
- Must have successfully completed a minimum of six units the Fall 2017 semester
- Must have at least a 2.5 GPA, both cumulatively and for the Fall 2017 semester
- Must not be on any academic or judicial probation
- For University Council representatives, candidates must be currently enrolled in the college for which they are a candidate
The primary duty of all student leaders is to serve as the voice for the students of SDSU and participating in shared governance. This can include but not limited to outreach, advocacy, attending meetings, open forums, sending out regular updates, etc. Student leaders set their own goals and create the plan for achieving those goals.
- Other overall duties include:
- This is a one year commitment. The term of service is May 2018 through Spring 2019.
- Attending all the meetings of the Board, Council, Commissions and College Councils the student leader serves
- Participate in outreach on behalf of A.S.
- Attend a meeting of a recognized student organization other than one the student leader is a member
- Attend a cultural event of a group other than one the student leader identifies with
- Complete SOCIA training
- Read Student Bill of Rights and Bylaws for more information about duties and responsibilities
- Review individual Charters of the Campus Life Council Commissions
- Review individual Charters of the University Council College Councils