Under the supervision of the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator, the Martial Arts Instructor is responsible for teaching the fundamentals of Martial Arts credit courses offered through the School of Exercise and Nutritional Sciences (ENS) and Aztec Recreation. The emphasis will be to promote active, healthy living by teaching the skills that prepare students to successfully participate in Martial Arts. Instruction will occur at the Aztec Recreation Center. This individual helps to ensure the diverse instructional needs of the San Diego State University students and Aztec Recreation members are met while emphasizing a safe, positive, and educational environment.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Instructs registered participants in Martial Arts foundation, knowledge, skills and techniques
- Develops and implements lesson plans and course syllabus with grading policies and learning outcomes
- Measures learning outcomes
- Explains and demonstrates basic skills in physical fitness and health education as well as nutrition, warm up/cool down, goal setting and other wellness topics
- Evaluates student growth and progress in learning physical skills and course knowledge
- Completes administrative tasks such as communication with students, attendance sheets, incident reports, class evaluations and grade submission
- Submits grades and other course materials by university and department deadlines
- Provides make-up sessions as required
- Works with Aztec Recreation to advertise class (e.g. tabling, flyers, demos, etc.)
- Utilizes Google Email and Calendar
- Creates reports/presentations utilizing Windows XP, Microsoft Excel, Word and PowerPoint as required/needed
- Uses university WebPortal registration and Blackboard systems for class communication and management
- Composes memorandums/letters/emails as needed
- Completes tasks as assigned/required
- Other duties assigned by supervisor
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures customer service standards are met; responds to physical, virtual, and verbal inquiries in a timely manner
- Ensures all class cancellations are communicated promptly by contacting all participants/professional staff along with posting notifications in the appropriate areas
- Assist all customers with questions and/or comments
- If unable to assist, refers customer to someone who can
- Maintain positive and effective working relationships with all customers
- Inform supervisor of any customer issues
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
- Provides appropriate safety instruction and regularly inspects classroom/program environment and equipment to ensure safety
- Responds to emergencies according to established department procedures
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Bachelor's Degree preferred in Physical Education, Recreation, Kinesiology/Exercise Science Health or a related field
- Knowledge of practices and principles for one or more of the following:
- Beginning Judo
- Intermediate Judo
- Advanced Judo
- Jiu Jitsu
- Tae Kwon Do
- Self Defense for Women
- Previous participation in and teaching/coaching experience required
- Experience teaching instructional courses preferred
- Must be able to physically lead and demonstrate the skill and/or activity
- Must possess excellent customer service skills
- Strong oral and written communication skills required
- Experience within a campus recreation setting desired
Licenses & Certifications
- Certification from a professional health and/or fitness organization (ACSM, NSCA, NASM, ACHA, etc.) preferred
- Current CPR/AED and First-Aid certifications required
- Must complete Gender Awareness training within 30 days of hire
- Must be punctual and regular in attendance: arrive on time and ready for the workday
- Must meet commitments and complete tasks satisfactorily
- Must be able to work independently and stay focused under pressure in stressful situations
- Must work effectively with other employees/departments
- Must be accurate and pay attention to detail Strong organizational skills required
- Must be able to follow oral and written directions and follow project through to completion
- Must be professional and courteous at all times
- Must be able to work well with different work styles
- Must be able to work efficiently and show initiative
- Must be able to coordinate multiple tasks, projects, and assignments within appropriate timelines
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Ability to handle difficult situations involving participants with patience, good judgment, and with diplomacy is expected
- Ability to work with a diverse group of people effectively and diplomatically; must be able to work one on one and with groups with as many as 25 or more people
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Proficient computer skills required
- Ability to prioritize workload
- Ability to manage information flow (including internal, external and customer communication and filing/documentation)
- Ability to develop positive working relationships
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time position, approximately 3 hours per week with a maximum 20 hours per week.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
While working indoors, the lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by dust, etc. Work is generally performed within a recreation environment, with standard office equipment available. Possible exposure to distracting/uncomfortable noise levels may require hearing protection to be worn when performing duties.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
Physical requirements include but are not limited to: walking, walking over rough or uneven surfaces, bending, stooping, climbing, and working in confined space, lifting, pushing, pulling and carrying loads up to 50 pounds (unassisted) and 75 pounds (with assistance). Work may require standing and moving for extended periods.
- Reports to the Fitness and Wellness Coordinator
- Reports to Fitness and Wellness Program Assistant in absence of Coordinator
- Further interactions may include full-time staff within Aztec Recreation, including, but not limited to Recreation Director, Associate Director of Programs, Facilities Supervisor, Member Services Supervisor and Coordinator, Associate Director of Member Services and Facilities, Marketing Coordinator, photographer, and videographer.
Starting rate is per hour of class time and based on qualifications and experience. The Starting rate for martial arts classes is: Range I, $20 per hour for class time.
A background check (including a criminal records check) must be completed satisfactorily before any candidate can be offered this position with Associated Students. Failure to satisfactorily complete the background check may affect the application status of applicants or continued employment of current Associated Students employees who apply for the position.
Please submit a resume with your application reflecting your relevant experience.