Under the direction of the Aztec Student Union Associate Director of Programs and Marketing, the Videographer is responsible for developing, scheduling, filming, directing, and producing videos and photos as they relate to promotions, sales, marketing, programs, and customer service for Associated Students/Aztec Student Union.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- Updates the Aztec Student Union blog, YouTube, Instagram, Facebook, Twitter and other social media accounts as it relates to videos and photography.
- Creates projects that include, but are not limited to: training videos, event promotions, facility promotion, AS promotion, Event recap etc.
- Assists with creating, flyers, web banners, promotional TV slides, photos and other graphic design projects.
- Includes relevant logos, disclaimers, credits and other content in each video; ensures all work completed is in keeping with both Associated Students and Aztec Student Union guidelines.
- Completes other duties as necessary.
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Television, Film, and Media student preferred
- Candidates with less than one year prior to graduation need not apply
- Knowledge of film-making, sound management, YouTube specifications, videography, and video editing software required.
- Knowledge of the following computer skills required:
- Mac OS system
- Adobe Creative Suite: Photoshop & Premier Pro
- Social Media
- Final Cut Pro studio desirable
- Enthusiasm and knowledge of Associated Students programs and Student Union programs preferred
- Must be self-directed and able to prioritize multiple, intricate, simultaneous projects and work directly with program supervisors, student staff, and professional coordinators
- Must be present for special events or other filming opportunities required for each project while maintaining excellent personal time management and scheduling
- Must be able to work well with diverse staff and customers
- Must complete assigned projects on a timely basis
- Must be creative and able to communicate creative ideas prior to shooting/editing
- Must be ready, willing and able to discuss the benefits of the Aztec Student Union to other students and the campus community.
- Must be fully knowledgeable of all the benefits (economic, physical and mental) of the Aztec Student Union and be able to communicate clearly and effectively with customers.
- Must have a proactive, positive and conscientious demeanor at all times
- Must be able to work quickly, under pressure, and with multiple projects.
- Must be able to work efficiently and show initiative
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Well organized, ability to effectively multi-task, ability to prioritize work, problem solve, make decisions and meet scheduled deadlines under pressure
- Ability to handle multiple tasks simultaneously
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time (20 hours/week), position with expected hours to be worked during business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m. as well as evenings/weekends depending on an event basis.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions.
This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Inside the Organization:
- Receives direction and supervision from the Aztec Student Union Associate Director of Programs and Marketing
- Works with Aztec Student Union professional staff, Associated Students professional staff and student leaders, Aztec Student Union student leads, as well as working closely with other Aztec Student Union marketing staff members.
Outside the Organization:
Range I, Step I – Starting Rate: $11.50 per hour
In addition to the A.S. online job application, interested applicants must also submit their resume and a video portfolio of their work to firstname.lastname@example.org. Position is open until filled.