Under the direction of the A.S. Graphics Coordinator the Graphics Assistant is responsible for producing graphic design projects for all Associated Students Departments/Programs and will also assist with the design and regular maintenance of the A.S. website.
ESSENTIAL DUTIES & RESPONSIBILITIES
- The A.S. Graphic Assistant is responsible for completing a variety of design projects including: flyers, posters, postcards, banners, advertisements, forms and brochures.
- The A.S. Graphic Assistant will assist with the day-to-day maintenance of the A.S. website, following the CSU’s Accessible Technology Initiative guidelines.
- The A.S. Graphic Assistant is responsible for preparing graphics files for a variety of print vendors.
- The A.S. Graphic Assistant may at times assist with the production of display ads for publication in The Daily Aztec.
Customer Service and Collaboration
- Establishes and maintains working relationships with various A.S. and University departments
- Ensures all operations are conducted with safety of staff and customers as first priority, and in accordance with the Injury and Illness Prevention Plan and other safety policies
- Adheres to Associated Students’ Code of Safe Practices
- Reports accidents to supervisor and reviews changes required to avoid reoccurrence Ensures completion proper documentation is completed for each accident (employee and/or non-employee) and forwards to supervisor
- Reports maintenance problems and/or broken and unsafe equipment to the appropriate party immediately
Minimum & Preferred Requirements
- Must be currently enrolled at San Diego State University, taking a minimum of 6 units
- Must be an SDSU Graphic Design major.
- Graphic Design training and/or experience required.
- Web design training and/or experience desirable.
- Must complete Safety Training Checklist
- Must be a self-starter and able to prioritize multiple simultaneous projects and meet deadlines.
- Must be proactive, positive and conscientious at all times.
- Must be able to work quickly and efficiently under pressure handling multiple projects simultaneously.
- Ability to work as a member of the A.S. Graphics team.
- Ability to work well with diverse staff and customers required.
- Know and adhere to the mission and goals of the Associated Students.
KNOWLEDGE, SKILLS & ABILITIES
- Excellent interpersonal skills; ability to relate and communicate effectively with a diverse population of students, staff, faculty, colleagues and guests
- Must have strong English language skills and the ability to read, write and verbally communicate at a level appropriate to the duties of the position
- Ability to operate a computer, proficiency with
- Mac OS system
- Adobe PhotoShop
- Adobe Illustrator
- Adobe InDesign
- Microsoft Word
- Ability to learn and utilize new software programs
SCHEDULE & WORKING CONDITIONS
This is a part-time (20 hours per week), position with expected hours to be worked during business hours of Monday through Friday, 8 a.m. to 4:30 p.m.
The work environment characteristics described here are representative of those an employee encounters while performing the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. General office environment. Work is generally sedentary in nature, but may require standing and walking around campus. The working environment is generally favorable. Lighting and temperature are adequate, and there are no hazardous or unpleasant conditions caused by noise, dust, etc. Work is generally performed within an office environment, with standard office equipment available.
The physical demands described here are representative of those that must be met by an employee to successfully perform the essential functions of this job. Reasonable accommodations may be made to enable individuals with disabilities to perform the essential functions. This position requires the individual to spend long hours sitting and using office equipment and computers. This person will also spend time filing and have to do some lifting of supplies and materials from time to time, including banker boxes and files.
Inside the Organization:
• Reports to the Graphics Coordinator • Works closely and collaborates with Graphics Specialist and Web Design Specialist • Interacts with A.S. Department and Program Staff Members
Range II starting at $12.20 per hour